Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Installation Did Not Include WaveEditor
DRaines
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2010 12:51 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all,

I recently purchased PowerDirector 9 from an online vendor (cleverbridge / CreativeMark) and installed it. The installation did not fail, but it also did not install WaveEditor. When I try to open a sound file with the editor, the program returns an error message: "CyberLink PowerDirector could not start the CyberLink WaveEditor. Please reinstall the WaveEditor."

I have no way of installing the editor separately. I have uninstalled the program and re-installed it to no avail.

I have included a DxDiag output file, but not a screenshot as there does not seem to be a point in this case.

Question:
1) How do I install the CyberLink WaveEditor? Is there a stand-alone installation?

Thanks in advance for your help.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag Output
 Filesize
41 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1749 time(s)
Thanks,
Darrel
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
OK, Adrian worked out how to resolve this one - he had it the other week. The information has been passed onto Customer Support.

Quote:
Adrian's solution: I changed the custom.ini file in the WVEditor folder as follows :-

[WaveEditor]
vender=PDRPackage
silent=0                              changed from 1
vtype=standard
Company=CyberLink
ProductName=WaveEditor
Ver=1.0
OLReg=1
SilentUninst=0
ComboType=0
DesktopIcon=1
SupportLanguage=Chs;Enu;Fra;Deu;Ita;Cht;Jpn;Kor;Esp

This let me see the install progress. The failure was due to wave editor needing a component in windows media player v.10 or above..

I have win 7 64bit and wmp v.12 installed and apparently working OK.

However, I switched it off in control panel>programs>turn windows features on and off.

Reboot.

Switch back on

Reboot

Run wave editor install

Worked OK - now running v1.0.1.228b with blue graph logo

Perhaps you'd like to try that.

Note: I would like anyone quoting this problem solver to give credit to the individual who found it please and to reference back to this link.

Dafydd

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 05. 2010 10:46

pjsweston56 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 20, 2009 08:24 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have a similar issue. I am using Windows 7 on a 64-bit operating system. I was using Wave Editor (I really liked it) yesterday morning. I closed it out and then attempted to open last night. The program started as it did previously, however, no window opened on the screen.

When I hovered over the icon in bar beneath, it looked like it was open (though nothing was showing on the screen), however, the icon opened a mini-box but the panel was empty.

I've looked around for info on this. Unfortunately, this is the closest I've found.
Tall_Tim [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Tennessee Joined: Mar 16, 2011 23:10 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I also have a similar issue. I am still on my trial period and as far as I can tell, the WaveEditor was not included in my trial installation file. I really like the product so far except for this one thing that I can't get to work. I am concerned that if I go ahead and purchase it; I will still not be able to get it to work.

Is there a way to obtain the WaveEditor files while still in the trial period? I have tried multiple full uninstall / re-installs. When the initial CNET version (CyberLink2504_trial_VDE101208-06) did not work, I tried a slightly different version from Softpedia (Cyberlink_2316_trial_VDE100914-01) with the same result. I've gone back to the CNET version since it looks like it is probably more recent but continue to get the "CyberLink PowerDirector could not launch CyberLink WaveEditor. Try re-installing the WaveEditor Program" message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Murkir [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2011 12:41 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
After re installing Windows 7 x64 - it works.

I bought PowerDirector 9 build 2930 WaveEditor long time to open - 3 minutes!
xjykjy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 11, 2011 00:26 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem. My Wave editor is missing, and I dont' see any option to install it from the CD. Why make it so difficult for lay people like us to manually search and install it? I have just bought the PowerDirector 9 ultra64 and facing some errors after the production also.
xjykjy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tried manually reinstalling but the install disappeared halfway: It says installing... then the install dialogue box just disappeared and went back to the windows 7 screen. Nothing happens. Went to PD 7 and it still says waveeditor not installed.
Can someone assist? Tia.
Gary1545 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Vancouver Joined: Jun 16, 2010 18:47 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Search for "waveeditor windows media player" and you will find a thread with info about what's probably your problem.

The installer probably can't find a WMP file and quits without passing on a message. One of the threads explains a way to enable a reason for failure message and if it is the WMP file missing, how to cure it.

Gary

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 11. 2011 03:07

xjykjy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Search for "waveeditor windows media player" and you will find a thread with info about what's probably your problem.

The installer probably can't find a WMP file and quits without passing on a message. One of the threads explains a way to enable a reason for failure message and if it is the WMP file missing, how to cure it.

Gary

Hi Gary, really appreciate your help in posting your advice. I don't have windows media player, so will install it and then install the waveeditor again and see how it goes.

Many thanks & God bless!