Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I applied the patch. It's definitely much better !

Especially the wooden fence has no longer this horrible look.

Regarding mpeg-2 it's also much better, but I will have to burn a DVD to have a look on my TV. I will do this tomorrow.

At least the patch proves that there was a problem...

Pwn : I had a look at your file. The quality is top. Currently I don't have this quality for the video part. I will try with your proposed settings.
Hi PwnDirector,

I will try this. Except this first picture, I find the mp4 pretty decent, but if I can have a better quality...

Have you look at the mpeg-2 ? This one is really bad.
Hi Rocket,

I know that DVD is not as good as BR. But the quality is far form what it should be. I had no problem with PD 7 and DVD and also tested Elements Premiere 9, nothing to compare qith what I get with PD 9.
Hi PwnDirector,

I will try, but probably won't have time tonight (I am currently not at home). It will be for tomorrow.

Have you looked at my samples ?

I have only a problem with mpeg-2, any quality or definition/resolution. With Blu-ray or H.264 I have no problem. That means the problem is with the mpeg-2 format.

Have you tried with mp4 or H.264 ?

sbkjo
The 500mb file contains also the original files. I did it so, because if I only post the result, one will tell me the original pictures were bad. With a high speed connection it's not a big deal and IMO we spare time, avoiding future post asking for original files and so on. But I also understand people being afraid of downloading a 500MB file. Sorry.

To be clear, I use on a regular basis PD 9 with BR. This time I need a DVD for a friend who has no BR. That's why I have the problem.
I find difficult to assess the quality on Youtube. That is why I did this zip file to download, which include these samples. The quality of the mpeg-2 is unusable. Nothing to compare with what I get with PD 7 or Elements Premiere 9.

I am sure you will see the difference.

Thanks for your help.

That gives me hope that one day it will maybe work for me.

I am using PD 9 Ultra, 2504.

Attached is the dxdiag and a print screen of my workspace.

A sample in mpeg-2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TocQjIv6YQ produced with the profile DVD HQ (no modification)

Another in mp4 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpSWFlCALwM

Thanks for your help

I gave the information : The images are jpeg (from RAW files), size is 5616x3744

Regarding H.264, I use the standard profile of PD 9 (as for every other format). No modification at all.

The problem doesn't come from the image's quality. Otherwise I would have the same problem with PD 7. Moreover the quality is good when I burn a BR with the very same images. If the image quality is poor, it would be even worse in BR.

I am not the only one with this problem. I've just found out this : http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/11440.page

My feeling is that the problem is known by Cyberlink, but without any solution. That why they ask for a lot of information, each time something else, and wait one week between each mail.

I am very disapointed by Cyberlink's support and appreciate your help in this forum.
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with PD 9. With PD 7 it works well, but PD 9 doesn't work. Same with Cyberlink Support, they ask you to send a lot of stuff (which I did), almost ask you to re-install your PC... They probably try to bother you until you give up.

I tried on two different PCs with the same result.

On both machines PD 7 produces good results.

The project I sent you is only a test, with 4 pictures and a short video clip. Together less than 40 sec. The zip enclose the original file, output in mpeg-2, mp4, H.264. You can have an idea in 2 minutes.

The images are jpeg (from RAW files), size is 5616x3744. I have no problem with the very same images when I burn a Blu-Ray. It's only with DVD that I have a problem.

As mentioned I had no problem with these images using Elements Premiere 9. The images quality is not faulty.

I've also tried to convert the H.264 in DVD file using "free viedo to dvd" and the output is fine.

Thanks again for your help

Thanks for your help. I have sent you a pm with a link where you can download the files I used to produce the mpeg-2, with also the output.

I get the same kind of results on another pc (also Windows 7).

sbkjo
jpeg of very god quality and I try to produce a DVD. But if I choose mpeg-2 file it's the same.
DVD HQ
Hi,

For weeks I try to get some support from Cyberlink, but without any success. There is a one week delay to get an e-mail... Each time it's for asking some more files/information,... but no solution.

The problem I have (on two different PC's) is the very bad quality of mpeg-2 encodage. This especially with still pictures (photos). It's not usable.

No problem with h.264 / mpeg-4, but mpeg-2 is awful.

Power Director 7 is running fine on these 2 PC's, I only have problem with Power Director 9.

Thanks for your help
Go to: