Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I made three attempts to buy PD through Digital River using PayPal during a period of four days. The ordering process went well until the point of contact with Paypal from the Digital River site. At that point the process failed with a report od server failure.

Eventually I gave up and purchased using Mastercard. I'd contacted the Cyberlink customer services, but they didn't seem overly concerned at the potential loss of customers. I suspect not all is well with the PayPal interface.
Thnx Bubba ;

Just one footnote: I've recorded my reasoning and progress from Vista to Win 7 64bit in my (pen name) http://bit.ly/i4qpf1 To keep the story digestible there will be five or so posts there.

The underlying reason for the move was to let me sensibly make use of PowerDirector 9. So far I've been impressed with the product. It certainly seems to have enthusiastic public support and the tutorial videos are really handy.
I just thought I'd mention a problem I had when I installed PowerDirector 9 Ultra64 (build 9.0.0.2504) on my desktop PC running 64 bit Windows 7 (SP1). I've resolved this, but I thought I saw someone else with a similar problem so I'm posting the solution to my problem.

The problem was that no sound was picked up from my microphone when I tried to record a voice-over to a video track. This was a problem in both PowerDirector and WaveEditor. Strangely there was no problem with other voice apps like Skype. I'd had a clean install of PD and WE. The Win 7 machine had recently had a clean bare metal install of Win 7 64 bit.

After some searching around on the web I visited the site of the motherboard manufacturer (Foxconn) and downloaded their latest 64bit drivers (they were described as Vista64). Checking on my PC I discovered that Windows 7 had installed some generic 32 bit drivers for the sound chip embedded in the motherboard.

I located the install program in the zip file downloaded from Foxconn and installed their screen drivers - just a couple of clicks really.

Problem solved. This may not be the solution for everyone with a similar problem, but it may be an avenue of research for them.
Go to: