Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PayPal & Cyberlink & Digital River
Matanzal [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 26, 2011 16:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Trying with no luck for more than a week to buy PowerDiector9 using Paypal option, already sent a message to support but they gave me a link to the forums... so i m posting here hoping out there is a helping soul with a possible solution.

Here an example:

step 1 shopping cart OK
step 2 billing shipping info (account login with same address as paypal one), Paypal option selected OK
next screen :
Thank you for your purchase. Your order is currently being processed. You will receive an email shortly confirming your purchase and including delivery information.

- Normally Paypal asks for a confirmation of orders, not in this case...

I can see on Members the Order Details

Order Number: 115783XXXXX
Order Date: 3/6/2011
Order Status: Order Submitted

Going back later to check order status I have below message, and that’s it… no way to have a payment done to Paypal

Server Error
Error:
We are currently unable to perform the selected action. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. We have been notified and are already working to correct this issue as quickly as possible. Please click your browser's back button and try this action at a later time, or take a different action.
Error Number: SYS_000001
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
What are your options?
CyberLink do not "handle" the financial transaction that's the task of Digital River.
1. Contact PayPal and check your account has funds and/or access to your card payment and it's up to date.
2. Contact Digital River to see what the problem is with the payment collection process from Paypal.
3. Pay by card directly to Digital River and get the product.
4. You can use the Search function of this forum and find email and phone numbers associated with Digital River, they may or may not work.
Thanks
Dafydd
oaksys [Avatar]
Newbie Location: London UK Joined: Mar 03, 2011 12:11 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I made three attempts to buy PD through Digital River using PayPal during a period of four days. The ordering process went well until the point of contact with Paypal from the Digital River site. At that point the process failed with a report od server failure.

Eventually I gave up and purchased using Mastercard. I'd contacted the Cyberlink customer services, but they didn't seem overly concerned at the potential loss of customers. I suspect not all is well with the PayPal interface. Charles Smith

Twitter: oaksys
Matanzal [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 26, 2011 16:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your comments Dafydd & oaksys

Oaksys I agree 100 % with you, Cyberlink refers to Digital River, and Digital River to paypal... I feel like playing baseball with no ball but a hot potato... nobody wants... money ?

Below answer from Digital River:
Thank you for contacting the CyberLink online store. We apologize for any inconvenience. The error you have described appears to have been generated while attempting to complete your PayPal payment. Please contact PayPal for additional information regarding this issue. PayPal Customer Service Support can be reached at: https://www.paypal.com/help Phone: 1-402-935-2050

Moral of the Fable.... sometimes is hard to spend money

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 15. 2011 21:52

JON0001 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 28, 2010 13:17 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Same story here.
Trying to upgrade from Power DVD 10 to Power DVD 11.
Been trying since 28 April 2011.
Getting same error as Matanzal.
Cyberlink referred me to Digital River.
There have been 24 emails to and from Digital River, involving at least 8 different members of staff.
One was the same reply Matanzal received. I also had : Requisition could not be found for I.D:********
They have sent me links to complete the transaction, which do not work.
Asked me to try again.
Suggested my Firewall is blocking downloads.
No one seems to take the time to understand the problem. Much easier to pass me on to Paypal.
I tried to pay by debit card -authorisation failed. By bank had no record of Digital River even trying to take a payment.
I referred this back to Cyberlink who referred me back to Digital River.
I have contacted Paypal and am waiting for a reply.
Maybe I should post all these email replies, they do make fun reading.
25 emails now - just got another one.
Jon.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Digital River operates on behalf of many of the leading software companies for online purchases. The purchasing through DR is done for security reasons and relieves seller businesses of the trouble and effort. CyberLink don't handle the transaction Digital River does.

Now I suggest you visit a friend and see if they'll allow you to use their computer to carry out a purchase - if for some reason (as you mentioned) you're blocked by your OS.

Regarding PayPal purchasing - Have you attempted to credit your PayPal account with sufficient funds prior to initiating the transaction?

Numerous end users purchase successfully from Digital River. Perhaps a friend could pay for you. Perhaps you've "tripped a flag" and are blocked.

I'm just making suggestions.

Please take your issue to CyberLink: https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

Cofion gorau
Dafydd
JON0001 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 28, 2010 13:17 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Dafyyd,
Thanks for your interest.
Tried another Computer at another location - same problem.
Paypal and Bank have plenty of funds available and my Paypal account is working fine for other transactions.
I even tried opening a new account.
I have taken it back to Cyberlink Customer service and got refered back to Digital River. They did not understand the problem and thought I was trying to cancel an order. I just sent them another email.
Tomorrow my sister is going to try, using her Paypal and or debit/credit card.
The clue maybe in the error message 'Requisition Could Not Be Found For ID: order number'. I get this at the point Digital River ask you to click the buy link that takes you to Paypal. I login to Paypal I am asked by Paypal to confirm which payment method they should use. I confirm this. I am then returned to the Digital River Website with a message - Payment Failed.
A link in the chain is broken.
Digital River say they have found all these orders and that they are waiting for payment from paypal.
The orders have started coming back to me now as cancelled because they have not received payment.
Lets see what happens.
Thanks,
Jon.