Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Neil, many thanks!

All is well, I do understand the reality of software, upgrades, new systems, compatability etc. No worries here.
I do have PD8 retail box version already, so I will reinstall it for now until this is fixed.

BTW, you may have 'lost' a Karma star here for speaking with integrity, but you 'gained' a karma star where it counts and we all appreciate the uprightness. It helps us all.

Stay well and have an excellent week!~

Much respect,

Rodney
Anybody have a suggestion? I do not want to give up on Cyberlink, but I need to find a stable version within a day or so.

PD9 is not fast, certainly not 'blazin' as advertised using 64 bit and from what I read here in the forum, there is a great deal of freezing and crashing over simple small tasks.

I consistently read that the 'previous' version was more stable. Is that available anywhere to test?

Thanks again for the help~ It is genuinely appreciated.

Rodney
Thank you both Videocentricity and Dafydd! You are excellent!

Dafydd, the reason you see 'shadow files' enabled was because of the brutal slowness. In other words, I activated it because I thought it may help, unfortunately it shows no difference one way or the other. Originally I had disregarded the notice.

Second, for all symptoms I have described, I have been editing and previewing in 'Normal' mode, which in and of itself is blurry at best. Again, I just took a snapshot of my current timeline but it has no real representation of the mindset I have been using. I have been operating with a very conservative, minimalist consciousness.

Here is a question: Will the purchased version be any better? Will it be a different version?

-----------------------------------------
Videocentricity: Yes there are many edits, but for a simple 4 min video without effects, transitions or titles, my system and this software should not have difficulty with 20 edits or so:

Yes, saving, exiting and reloading PD9 DOES make it run again, slowly, for a while, then crash and freeze. That was the method I used to get a final edit.

Yes I can produce the movie but ONLY in SP mode or some other low file format. In PD8, I have been able to produce full HQ HD mode MPEG2 videos quickly.

As for changing formats or capturing directly from video, that defeats my purpose of spending $2000 on cameras that use smart media. The goal is to remove the media for instant access. That should not have to change for simple 4-5 miniute video tutorials.

Also please keep in mind that PD8 has been super effective with these same HD files (AVCHD).

Is there any other ideas you have or info you may need from me to help troubleshoot this?
I don;t mind buying more expensive software as we really need to get these raw files edited. I do love using PD8 and would love the promised 'EXTRA SPEED" (blazin' fast ) of 64 bit PD9.

Thank you both again!

Much respect,

Rodney
Hi everyone!

I love Power Director 8 and have had excellent success over the past 9 months or so, just awesome.
Downloaded the trial version of PD9 (9.0.0.2504) to test as now I want to edit 2 HD files at a time and with PD9 I am experiencing brutal slowness.

Just as another poster mentioned, it works briefly (albiet slowly) and then just freezes, I get the Win 7 circle and eventually I have to shut down. This happens over and over whether I have effects or enhancements on the video or not. This is happening with basic editing (no titles or transitions even)

Rendering is even worse. I was able to finish a complete 4 min video (took hours with this constant freezing) but attempting to render just froze the computer up again.

Video cameras CANON HF200 and CANON HFS200

Video Type: AVCHD (I am not certain where to find additional info to provide here or what is needed.

Computer HP Intel Core i7 8 gigs ram

I really need software that can edit 2 HD files at a single time (for a weekly online craft show) and I already know the basic feel of PD so I would really like this to work. I don't mind just being able to edit video alone, then render and then add text and titles etc.

Any feedback or insught, questions etc. would be appreciated~

Thank you and much respect,

Rodney
Go to: