Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
good to know. glad i can just edit without it freezing. the audio is a minor problem i can work around
turning off the hardware acceleration worked for the freezing part! - the only trouble now is that if I don't start previewing the movie from the very beginning the song is about 4 seconds behind where it should be. ..weird.
okay so some new info-

I found a process (windows media network sharing) that was taking up a ton of RAM- i ended this because i didn't need it

now when PD9 is running there is 1729 MB of memory in use and 2275 MB cached - this makes me think that the problem is not RAM- unless I am missing something. if I was out of RAM wouldn't it be about 4,000 MB in use?
cool, thanks for the help. I will try to figure out the RAM issue and let you know how it goes.
I think the problem has to do with my RAM- doing a system diagnostic running no programs it says 80% of my memory is being used- which I find ridiculous running no programs- perhaps I have a virus? this would explain the sudden stop of functionality. I have a lot of available hard disk space (120 gb). is 4gb of RAM just not enough to run windows 7?

thanks for all the help so far- I think we're getting closer to the problem.

I've attached the diagnostic report (run through command prompt > perfmon /report)

even adding very short clips it becomes over burdened- I was only trying to make a 3min video- only got about 30 seconds in if that.
yeah no problem
0:58
also regarding converting the format- I just tried converting the video to mpeg2 with Anyvideoconverter and editing it that way- still the same result. I am going to try to reinstall it again so we will see.
here is a video straight from my gopro-
yeah that was a good day. I actually didn't use PD9 for that vid but I will post a sample clip tomorrow if i can get PD9 working (premiere elements was used for that- which became incompatible with my graphics driver so i bought PD9 and uninstalled premiere elements)
http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-helmet-hero-camera/

here is a video I made earlier this year with the camera:

http://www.vimeo.com/18353974
aspect ratio is 4:3, the video is only 3.5 minutes long (if i were to finish it, right now it only has the intro about 15 seconds)

I haven't tried to render to anything yet, it is just a PD9 project file right now. I have added a song- but I didn't think that would be an issue.
of course;

64 bit version- i have windows 7 64 bit

videos are a few minutes each - I have a bunch of them that I am just adding small parts from each. longest is probably 10 minutes but most are 30 sec - 3 min

1280x960 (i assumed that was in pixels)
data rate:11927 kbps
total bit rate: 12055 kbps

hope that is what you needed- sorry I'm not super savvy on video yet- just getting started
30 fps H.264 mpeg4
I used the ccleaner and also the cold boot option- neither really worked.

is there a format of video that it could edit? - could I convert my HD video to another format?

I guess i'm a bit confused as to why my computer cannot handle this- when i purchased it I thought i was getting a great graphics card and a lot of RAM with a good processor. Also i feel like if it was just my computer it would have not worked when i used the trial version. .which it did.

is there some part of my comp that does not meet the "system requirements"

thanks for the help so far. . hopefully I can get to editing soon.
Hopefully this is what you need. .
It was working pretty well the first couple time i used it. I bought it because the trial was so fast, and Premiere elements was not working at all on my computer due to an incompatable graphics driver.

The weird thing is I havent changed anything about my computer, at first I didnt have any free space on my hard drive but I cleared that up and unistalled other video editing programs, I havent added any new programs and there doesn't seem to be any processes taking up any CPU. If anything I have made the computer better. The only thing different is that this time I am editing HD video from my GOPRO camera- so it had to create shadow files- but i let them all generate before i started editing.
Power Director 9 recently has been not working well at all, after every time I try and do anything on it (trim, move clips etc.) it freezes up for a bit and the windows7 "spinngin circle" comes up and it doesnt respond. it comes back eventually but then I try and change something and it happens again. IMPOSSIBLE to edit anything with this happening.

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T9550 @2.66GHz 2.67 GHz

4GB RAM

120 GB free on HD

Windows 7 Professional

GeForce GT 130M with Driver version 266.58 - supposedly the most updated version

I'm not sure what else you would need to give me suggestions- I have tried reinstalling it as well.

let me know how/what more system info to post.

thx for the help.

Go to: