Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks again guys for all your help and tips.
I have just tried the solution / explanation posted by Cranston on a newly split AVI file, and blow me it works perfectly! Such a simple answer and basic slip-up on my part. Smacked hand for me.

Could you please just clarify a small point (which again might just be my lack of knowledge). When I inserted the Fade transition, it produced a little box in the video track only. When I did the same thing with the Cross transition, the box extended down into the Audio track. Does this signify anything?

Pity Cyberlink Support doesn't seem to have been as on the ball as this Forum's members. Thanks again Cranston. :
Sorry, I didn't include the ID - here it is:

Ticket ID: CS000982567
Here's the question and answer to/from Cyberlink Support:

Question:
I have recently purchased the above software. Everything seems to work except that I cannot load transitions onto the timeline (between clips) - I keep getting a "no entry" sign when I drag the icon onto the timeline. Am I doing something wrong?

Customer Support Response 2011/02/23 12:15

Dear Robert,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand your concern related with applying transitions in PowerDirector software.

In regards to this concern,we regret to inform you that you will not be able to add the transitions between clips as the feature is not supported.

Also, note that transitions can be only applied on the starting and ending position of the clips/images.

If you wish to add the transitions in between a clip, you can use the colorboards instead of titles as you will be able to insert the transitions in colorboard.

Please follow the steps :

1. Launch PowerDirector.
2. Go to View -> Media -> Color Boards
3. Select the color of your choice and drag it to the Time line.
4. Select Text Effect and place it in the time line just below the color board.
5. Import video. File -> import -> media files.
6. Add a video after color board in the time line.

Also note that you will be able to add the colorboard in between the videos, however you will not be able to add the titles between the video clips.

For quick and fast response, please use the below mentioned link to reply us:

http://www.CyberLink.com/english/cs/support/form/index.jsp

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products.

Thank You and Best Regards

Kuber
CyberLink Technical Support
I am new to PD9 having just purchased the Deluxe version, but have used PD5.

PD9 seems to be working fine except when I try to drag and drop a transition between 2 clips (these are clips I have separated using the Split function). When I try to drop a (any) transition onto the Timeline at the split, the cursor changes to a No Entry icon.

I have asked Cyberlink Support if I am doing something wrong, and their reply is that PD9 Deluxe does not support this function; quote "In regards to this concern,we regret to inform you that you will not be able to add the transitions between clips as the feature is not supported." "If you wish to add the transitions in between a clip, you can use the colorboards instead of titles as you will be able to insert the transitions in colorboard."

Apart from the fact that this, especially the second bit, makes little sense to me, having looked at various threads on this forum, I can see no mention of Transitions not being a supported feature - everybody else seems to be able to use them despite some moans.

Can anybody advise?
Go to: