Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
This may be a silly question, but I think it's a real problem (at least for me).

I apply a Fade transition to an image file on the timeline. Normally, when I place the fade to the left, the fade works as a fade-in, and when I place it on the right it works as a fade-out (pretty intuitive).

Right now I'm dealing with a case where the fade on the left on the image on the timeline is causing a fade-out (so it starts at 0% transparency and works to 100% transparency). This cause my image (used as a lower-third) to suddenly appear, fade out, and then pop back in at the end of the transition duration.

I can't seem to find a way to edit the effect. Now, I think I can get around this with the image by modifying the transparency with keyframes another way, but the Title effect that sits on a level below the image (the text for the lower third) really needs to make use of the fade -- which was an easy way to do it.

Please help!!

Thanks.
@JL_JL: Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Works perfectly.

@Dilbert36: Another member sent me a private message with more specific directions:

+ + +
you can drag 7 different effects directly to a video clip. Once you drag your first effect to the video clip on the timeline....an EFFECT button will appear above the timeline. When you click it it will then show you all the effects on the clip. You can then selectively remove individual effects. Just select the effect and use the "-" which is the remove key.

You can also use the "check boxes" next to the effect to see what the clip will look like using a different combination of the effects you placed on the clip.

Just a quick one....If you placed an effect on the video clip and then you just want to quickly remove it.....use the UNDO button at the top of the application. This will remove the effect very easily. By default you can remove you last 50 editing steps. This value can be changed in your preferences.
I am new to PD9 (used ULead Media Studio Pro for years and love it -- except for the crashes and the fact that Corel bought them and let the product rot).

This is probably right in front of my face, but I can't see how to delete an effect that I apply to a clip. I can delete a transition (click it and hit delete) and I can modify an effect, but I can't see where I can delete an effect once it's been applied to a clip.

Please make me feel foolish and point me to what's probably right there in front of me.

Thanks!
Go to: