Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
many of my crashes went away after I installed a GeForce 9800 GT with 1Gb of dedicated video memory. $109
I thought the problem was with AMD and ATI but I can see from Glastarflyer dxdiag.txt that the intel/nvidia also has a problem. Here is my dxdiag:
I've had a similar experience as chuckpuckett on a brand new HP PC with NOTHING installed on it, purchased PD9, updated PD9 and video card drivers (see my other posts at http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15852.page#77449), and it still freezes. I've been waiting for weeks for a new version of PD9 that works. I've read this entire forum looking for a fix and tried everything it suggests.
anyone know how long until the next patch comes out?
All selections are and have been as you suggested HDedit.

My symptoms are so varied and hard to describe but always end up with a lockup where I must kill the process to escape.

Reading other posts on this forum suggests PD9 has some serious flaws and we will just have to wait for a new version. My thread went to the second page in only a few hours.
I have tried rendering with hardware acceleration both turned on and off. Still intermittant.

I am doing color correction on most of the underwater clips.

Camera is AIPTEK Action Z5X5P Camcorder shooting in 720x480 resolution

Attached is clip information.

After having some success on a Pentium 4 I decided to upgrade to a quad processor 64 bit and PD Ultra 64. That's when my problems started. Intermittent lockups, mostly during rendering sent me to this forum. I think I have read hundreds of posts and searched for hours.

I did find the bug with Smartsound so I replaced it all with mp3's. That solved one problem.

I upgraded the video drivers on my brand new computer as suggested.

I upgraded my brand new PD9 to 2504 as suggested.

I can see that PD is not overloading resources because I have plenty of cpu and ram unused.

If I restart PD, I may get a good render.

If I make only one edit, say the length of a still shot, render fails.

Attached are dxdiag and a few screen shots that should show my simple setup.

I have spent over $800 on a new computer, PD8, and PD9 to make some short underwater home movies.

Go to: