Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: I want to buy a flatbed scanner for 35mm negatives, dia and A4 sheets. Can you help in choosing. Thank you.

The Epson Perfection V600 is an awesome scanner and will do slides and negatives and will do A4 paper. I gave up on the scanner in an all-in-one printer and got the V600 a few years ago. I've done many 35 mm slides and the quality is very good. The included software gives tremendous lattitude. The model up from this one is significantly more expensive. Here's a link to the Epson page:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?UseCookie=yes&sku=B11B198011

Steve
Quote: I tried to use the PD9 one but found it so counter-intuitive that I gave up with it.

Thanks, Mike. I guess the thought of having one program to address all editing/authoring needs is only a pipe dream.

Cheers,

Steve

You can not have a One page Menu in Powerdirector. There is always the Main page with a PLAY button. That can not be changed, you will always have a Scenes item on the Main page if more than one chapter or title.

All titles or chapters are on the Scenes pages.

The Return to Menu function is on either the TOP MENU button or the TITLE MENU button on the remote control for the DVD player. Often they are small buttons.

Chapter Skip is one of the double arrow keys near the Play button, some remotes call those buttons 'skip' there is forward and back Chapter/Title skip.

Thanks for the reply. Bummer... I guess I'll just have to use scenes. I'll use the largest number of chapters per page to make it easier for me, and just give the chapters numbers rather than titles. Often, I prefer to have scenes, but with this video I really only wanted a Play All button and I wanted the chapters set in the video only for the purpose of allowing the person viewing the DVD to use the skip/chapter button on his/her remote control to advance to through the disk.
For the life of me I cannot figure out how to take a multiple-chapter video and have only the Root menu with the title and PLAY. I want chapters so that the DVD operator can use the chapter or skip button on the remote to advance to the next selection, but there are 25 chapters (this is a band performance) and I don't want to have chapter menus. I just want PLAY.

Have I missed something obvious?

Steve
Quote: Folks,

No worries, I sorted it out myself, after watchimg a PD7 tutorial on Menus. The instructor in the video casually mentions "Frames" around the Buttons, and that's what the Menu I downloaded didn't have, so when I changed the Highlite to a yellow box when active there was nothing for it to highlite.

I just had to put a Frame around the buttons and I was good to go.

This time the hour long HQ DVD took only 35 minutes to render into Folders. That's very impressive! The Buttons looked great

Now if I only knew how to get more than 4 Chapter Buttons on the screen at one time...

I wanted to thank you for sorting it out! I faced the same issue and when I found your post I was jazzed I followed your suggestion and checked out the PD7 tutorial you mentioned. Problem solved, and it was so easy. PD9 Ultra is so awesome! Thanks for your help!
- Steve
Go to: