Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote You can and should use Split, do a split at the beginning of the part you are going to delete, another Split at the end of the part you are going to delete, select the part that will exclude between the 2 Split, and DEL, simple as that.

The light finally came on since it was so simple. Thanks for the help, all is well for now.

Kawacarl

Delete only the selected clip, DEL key and choose an option from the menu shown.
There are 2 ways to cut start and end of a video.
1 - Select the video and click the Scissors, open the Editor.
2 - In the timeline Split the video at the beginning, select the leftover and Del, Split at the end, select the leftover right and Del.
Note: If by chance the videos are grouped, you will have to ungroup first to be able to delete each one separately. Group / Ungroup Objects
In the latter case, remove this video and re-add the timeline.

I used the wrong term for CLIP. My clip is the entire 1 hour DV tape. I need to remove a few minutes of video I don't want

in the finished video, which I can't figure out how to remove. It can't be split because it is near the middle. It does help to ask the

right question. I hope you have an answer, I have been looking myself, but I have not found it.

Carl
Sorry, but I asked the wrong question. I need to remove a few minutes WITHIN a clip. My CLIP is the 1 hour DV tape that I imported into PD 14. I used the wrong description of a clip.

Carl
I am new to editing and I can't figure out how to remove an entire clip that is about 5 minutes long. If I try trimming by selecting
the start and finish of what I want removed, it removes everything in front of the clip and everything after the clip that was
selected. I must be missing something that is so simple it is difficult. I think I have looked at all the tips in the help menu to
no avail.
Quote Hello Carl,

Welcome to the PhD forum.

Unfortunately, when you add a group of photos to the slideshow panel the order reflects that in the main library. Even if you've re-ordered photos within a folder, the slideshow module ignores that.

The main library (& hence the slideshow module) orders photos by "capture date/time", without stripping all EXIF data from the photos prior to import. Having never tried that, I couldn't guarantee a better result.

PIX

Pix,

I was afraid of that. After I imported my files I noticed the "Custom name" , and "Start Number". If I had used a custom name and started at one, as I imported these and dragged them to the viewer, would it have kept them in order then? I wanted export the photos before I hit the produce button in to have a backup. Also I am planning to use MP4 as the writing resolution when I produce the slideshow, will I lose any resolution if I make copies of the DVD? Since this is digital I wouldn't think it would lose anything or does it?

Thanks again,

Carl
Can I save the order of the photos I have put in the photo viewer? I want to do this before

producing a slideshow, is this possible? I don't want to have to re shuffle 162 photos.

Thanks,

Carl
Go to: