Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Removing an entire clip from timeline PD14
Kawacarl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2011 14:57 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I am new to editing and I can't figure out how to remove an entire clip that is about 5 minutes long. If I try trimming by selecting
the start and finish of what I want removed, it removes everything in front of the clip and everything after the clip that was
selected. I must be missing something that is so simple it is difficult. I think I have looked at all the tips in the help menu to
no avail.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Feb 01. 2019 22:36

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try this: Highlight the clip by clicking on it. Right mouse click and click remove from the popup window.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am new to editing and I can't figure out how to remove an entire clip that is about 5 minutes long. If I try trimming by selecting
the start and finish of what I want removed, it removes everything in front of the clip and everything after the clip that was
selected. I must be missing something that is so simple it is difficult. I think I have looked at all the tips in the help menu to
no avail.

Delete only the selected clip, DEL key and choose an option from the menu shown.
There are 2 ways to cut start and end of a video.
1 - Select the video and click the Scissors, open the Editor.
2 - In the timeline Split the video at the beginning, select the leftover and Del, Split at the end, select the leftover right and Del.
Note: If by chance the videos are grouped, you will have to ungroup first to be able to delete each one separately. Group / Ungroup Objects
In the latter case, remove this video and re-add the timeline. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Err....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 02. 2019 12:35

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
Kawacarl [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry, but I asked the wrong question. I need to remove a few minutes WITHIN a clip. My CLIP is the 1 hour DV tape that I imported into PD 14. I used the wrong description of a clip.

Carl

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 02. 2019 14:24

Kawacarl [Avatar]
[Post New]

Delete only the selected clip, DEL key and choose an option from the menu shown.
There are 2 ways to cut start and end of a video.
1 - Select the video and click the Scissors, open the Editor.
2 - In the timeline Split the video at the beginning, select the leftover and Del, Split at the end, select the leftover right and Del.
Note: If by chance the videos are grouped, you will have to ungroup first to be able to delete each one separately. Group / Ungroup Objects
In the latter case, remove this video and re-add the timeline.

I used the wrong term for CLIP. My clip is the entire 1 hour DV tape. I need to remove a few minutes of video I don't want

in the finished video, which I can't figure out how to remove. It can't be split because it is near the middle. It does help to ask the

right question. I hope you have an answer, I have been looking myself, but I have not found it.

Carl
AVPlayVideo
[Post New]
You can and should use Split, do a split at the beginning of the part you are going to delete, another Split at the end of the part you are going to delete, select the part that will exclude between the 2 Split, and DEL, simple as that. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
Kawacarl [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You can and should use Split, do a split at the beginning of the part you are going to delete, another Split at the end of the part you are going to delete, select the part that will exclude between the 2 Split, and DEL, simple as that.

The light finally came on since it was so simple. Thanks for the help, all is well for now.

Kawacarl