Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
First of all, disclaimer: I don't recommend doing anything below because if you mess up one file, or anything in any file (especially an xml one), PowerDirector can become unstable, crash, etc. It can become impossible to even enter Create mode. Ask me how I know.

At the very least, make a copy of the entire original Menus folder (see below) so that you can copy it back if something goes wrong.

To answer your question Justin, yes, it can be done, but it may or may not be simple depending on what you want to do. All of the menu information is in C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\PowerDirector (or some similar folder depending on how you installed).

If you navigate from there down to Menus\[menu_group_of_your_choice]\Background you find the JPEG's that make the background images of this menu group. You can swap in your own image, with the same file name. That is the simplest thing to do.

It is also possible to change the number of buttons in a menu, what they look like (whether or not they have video, or are simply images, what the frames around the video look like, etc.), how they highlight, and where they appear on the screen. But these things often involve editing xml files, and it is not trivial to do it right and not mess anything up.

The only thing I haven't found out how to do yet is how to add sub-menus (you know, click on a menu button and get a sub-set of menu buttons). If anyone knows, please post.
Stu, try this:

In Create mode, at lower left, find the Settings button (screwdriver and wrench symbols) and click it. Under the Menu tab, un-check the "Add thumbnail index" box.

Let us know if that does it for you.
Go to: