Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I down loaded the "Video Essentials 2" trial version to test out the New Blue Chroma Key with a trial version of Powerdirector 10 (whether deluxe or ultra I don't know). Here's how it went, I encountered the same problems Xerox and HDedit did, some of the plugins don't work.

All 5 adjustable parameters of the chroma key plugin worked for me when the "Show Mask" was enabled, however 3 parameters, "Sensitivity," "Shrink," and "Soften," failed when the show mask was disabled, they didn't work no matter what I tried. The 2 remaining parameters that did work were, "Color Range" and "Ease Spill," but they seemed to function moderately because although they keyed out the green screen, a grey background was left instead of a transparent one, so nothing was key out!

I tried the same thing but with Adobe Premiere (64) and the New Blue Chroma Key worked wonderfully.

Something is wrong with New Blue FX's compatability with Powerdirector, what a shame because I would be very interested otherwise. If anyone has any insight please share it, thanks.
Go to: