Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: Your option of simply letting the shadow files generate and then continue editing with the lower resolution timeline for fluid playback is one of many approaches and works effectively.

How long does that take? For example, today I was editing using a 33GB Sony XAVC-S file (1080/24P/50mbps) that was 90 minutes long. I know that's a big file, but since it's always on a SSD, really, why should PD14 become so slow and unresponsive just because it's an XAVC-S file? I imagine it would be a while to wait for the shadow files to be generated for a 33GB file.

Since PD15 doesn't appear to offer any improvement in this area I'm seriously thinking about upgrading to Sony Vegas instead.
Can someone tell me if PD15 handles XAVC-S video better than PD14 does? I have a Sony AX-53 camera that I typically shoot using 1080P at 50mbps. The problem is that while PD14 can handle the video files no problem, it is RIDICULOUSLY slow to do so. I typically bring up a browser window and read something while I wait for a click to register, while I wait for a button to be available again, while I wait, wait, wait. It's unacceptable because Sony's XAVC is not something wild or unusual.

Can anyone confirm if Cyberlink has figured out how to preview/modify XAVC-S files better than PD14?
I wonder if Facebook recently changed something and PowerDirector is no longer compatible?
I use PowerDirector 11 and have successfully uploaded many videos to Facebook but today I found a new error that doesn't make sense to me. Before PowerDirector will even begin render the video I get this error message:

I can upload regular video just fine but this is a picture (jpeg) with an audio track (neither wav or mp3 worked). Should be a small file, easy to upload. I've uploaded a few videos like this in the past to Facebook where I've had musical performances but no video to go along with them.

Any idea what this error means?
Go to: