Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dafydd,

Not too sure this will help other but here goes

I set the windows Recording setting from "Microphone" to "Rec Playback". I can now listen to and edit sound playback without any crashes using the PC's inbuilt audio system

If I wanted to plug a mic directly into the PC to record, i'm not sure how I would get on. Surely the Microphone needs to be the recording device ?

Luckily I do have the MIA soundcard. Having and that selected in the control panel worked fine for record and playback

Regards
Paul

Gary - I notice on the screenshot the ball/buoy on the left is two distinct shapes one is below the other which according to the description dosent sound like interlace (i'm no expert but thought i'd mention)

Checked out my Camcorder spec, it's the same as Garys, 1920X1080@ 50i for all the quality modes.

So when rendering for computer viewing i.e. progressive there is no point in going for a higher frame rate than 25 even though facebook says the maximum is 30.

Each of the cameras quality modes though is a different "Transfer rate". I have been (unknowingly) shooting at 13 Mbps VBR I assume this is perfect for Roberts recommendation for bit rate / vs file size i,e, rendering at greater than 13Mbps would be a waste

My final challenge is to get my privacy settings sorted on Facebook. in the meantime i gave up and created a You Tube account. So many thanks to you both. I'm really pleased with the results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCLLumPdOiA

Paul

Dafydd

Thanks for your very responsive help.

Your instructions didn't provide the answer, but I've managed to get things working even though intuitively they look wrong ! Whatever works I suppose

Its a great relief as i've spent a lot of time learning PD9 and can now go ahead and buy

Cheers
Paulie
Dafydd

Yes I can confirm the all preferences are for the onboard Dell sound system.

If you look at the attachment Untitled-3 you can see that all of the devices listed in the "audio devices" drop down are input devices (I would have thought this would be the output devices). The "input devices" drop down is greyed out and nothing can be selected !

Regards
Paul
Hi

Version 9.0.2330 (Demo)
DX Diag and Screenshots attached

I only have 9 days of demo left so would appreciate help to sort this problem out

Any time I go into any PD9 function relating to audio, the audio on my PC cuts out altogether. The only way to get thisback is to completely reboot

FYI when I switch to the Capture screen, the PD9 flashes up "Changing Audio device"

You will see from DX Diag that I have a Echo MIA soundcard installed, however I only ever use this when using music software Propellerhead Reason/Record etc which communicates to soundcard directly through ASIO drivers.

When using PD9 I am using the standard onboard Dell/Windows sound system

Your help much appreciated
Paul
Thanks again for the help

Gary - it was nice to have a throwback to summer watching you videos (its snowing heavily here in manchester at the moment). Do you know I cant really see much difference between youtube and facebook vids, which is quite reassuring. I dont really want to have to have a youtube and facebook account.

How do you recognise there is an interlace problem ?

Robert - I tried creating a new profile and yes the file sizes came down dramatically. The H.264 AVC file was only slightly larger than WMV and better quality too. Found the enhance option - thanks

This is great i'm learning fast
Paulie
Robert

Got it - thank you. I really was comparing Apples with Pears (sorry awful expression) The bit rate of the H.264 preset is way way higher then the MPEG4 and so is the frame rate which i'm sure as you say explains the file size differences

Do you ever change anything other than the bit rate from the preset ? All of those options - wow

I've looked all over the edit window for the video/enhance button but can't find it. Do you mean the x.v.Color option in produce window ?

thanks again
Paulie
Many thanks for the replies and the advice. I'm very new to this (but not to digital photography) so the advice to output the same video in different formats and see relative file size and quality is a good one. I have done some of this already keeping a constant 1280 x 720 on a 24second video I found the following

WMV (HD Standard Quality) - 18 Meg
MPEG 4 - 27 Meg
H.264AVC - 54 Meg

WMV -I notice that this is the format that PD9 uses to upload directly facebook. I can see why. Good compression and pretty decent picture quality. A little bit blocky in places and loses detail in darker areas. Certainly good enough for facebook / friends and family

MP4 - Better picture quality. Colour more natural and more detail in shadows but 50% increase in file size on WMV.

H.264AVC - Big file size and i'm struggling to see a better picture. I suspect this where I Would benefit from upload to You Tube rather than Facebook

I notice that MPEG4 and H.264 use the same video codec (MPEG-4 AVC) so dont understand why such a bigger file size

Great hangliding videos by the way

Paul

Hi,

I'm 2 weeks into using the demo. Other than a few audio issues, the product is excellent.

I am interested to hear which "produce" format people are using before uploading to Facebook ? Facebook themselves are recommending MP4, but I have also tried WMV which seems to give good results @1280 with much smaller file sizes.

Go to: