Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio Issues - Audio always cuts out
Paulie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 23, 2010 13:44 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

Version 9.0.2330 (Demo)
DX Diag and Screenshots attached

I only have 9 days of demo left so would appreciate help to sort this problem out

Any time I go into any PD9 function relating to audio, the audio on my PC cuts out altogether. The only way to get thisback is to completely reboot

FYI when I switch to the Capture screen, the PD9 flashes up "Changing Audio device"

You will see from DX Diag that I have a Echo MIA soundcard installed, however I only ever use this when using music software Propellerhead Reason/Record etc which communicates to soundcard directly through ASIO drivers.

When using PD9 I am using the standard onboard Dell/Windows sound system

Your help much appreciated
Paul
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DX Diag
 Filesize
50 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
301 time(s)
[Thumb - Untitled-1.jpg]
 Filename
Untitled-1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Screen shot 1
 Filesize
69 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
216 time(s)
[Thumb - Untitled-3.gif]
 Filename
Untitled-3.gif
[Disk]
 Description
Screen shot 2
 Filesize
11 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
463 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 12. 2011 09:36

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
For what reason are you selecting the "Capture" tab? What are you trying to Capture?

Change the audio default setting (Control Panel) to give preference to the inboard Dell sound set up. That might work.

Dafydd
Paulie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd

Yes I can confirm the all preferences are for the onboard Dell sound system.

If you look at the attachment Untitled-3 you can see that all of the devices listed in the "audio devices" drop down are input devices (I would have thought this would be the output devices). The "input devices" drop down is greyed out and nothing can be selected !

Regards
Paul
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Paul,
Having default named files is a pain to deal with - the standard instruction here is to add your name to a file so it can be ID.

I will also point out the file you've directed me to look at is so pixelated when attempting to read the content, it is a junk item!

You are in the Edit Workspace and you are in the Voice Over Recording Room of PD9. You are not in "Capture" as you previously stated. "FYI when I switch to the Capture screen, the PD9 flashes up "Changing Audio device" . Unless you are actually concerned about the Capture tab, I'll opt to direct/refer you from the Voice Over Room.

Select Device
and select the microphone (which you may need to activate in the Control Panel)
Select profile
You may need to create an audio profile:
Name: CD quality
Format: PCM
Attributes: 44100kHz 16 bit. Stereo 172kb/sec

Dafydd

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 12. 2011 12:25

Paulie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd

Thanks for your very responsive help.

Your instructions didn't provide the answer, but I've managed to get things working even though intuitively they look wrong ! Whatever works I suppose

Its a great relief as i've spent a lot of time learning PD9 and can now go ahead and buy

Cheers
Paulie
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Please provide the information of what you did to correct the situation.

It will help other editors who face a similar problem and will make the forum rock

Dafydd
Paulie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd,

Not too sure this will help other but here goes

I set the windows Recording setting from "Microphone" to "Rec Playback". I can now listen to and edit sound playback without any crashes using the PC's inbuilt audio system

If I wanted to plug a mic directly into the PC to record, i'm not sure how I would get on. Surely the Microphone needs to be the recording device ?

Luckily I do have the MIA soundcard. Having and that selected in the control panel worked fine for record and playback

Regards
Paul

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the info.

Looks to be a set up issue on your PC rather than a PD issue. Check the connections you have used and when you have the microphone connected correctly check it is activated in the Control Panel.

I'm not going to delve further as you're the one that needs to investigate and set up your equipment correctly.

Best of luck

Dafydd