Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Thanks to this forum, I have now accomplished the following:

1) Inserted an IEEE 1394 card into my computer thanks to a forum member's recommendation.

2) I bought the correct IEEE cable and connnects perfectly to camera (Sony DCR-TRV730) and my PC computer.

3) PowerDirector 15 recognizes the camera and tries to "capture" it -- but here is where I am stuck:

When I use PD 15 to capture, I see the image and the video plays and records but it will record for only about 3 seconds and it stops.

However, when I disconnect the firewire cable from the camera, the video plays perfectly clear and does not stop in the camera itself.

SoNic67 wrote: "To copy the files via Firewire (all you need is just a simple copy, not a "capture") you can use a very simple program: http://windv.mourek.cz/. However when I tried to utilize the software it would not work with my computer system "Windows 10." Can someone recommend a good "free" software I can utilize to "copy" my Hi8 tapes onto my HDD using Windows 10? I realize I am using Sony Hi-8 tape technology that is over 20 years old, but I am trying to get my brother's wedding reedited for him for his 20 year anniversary and it is becoming very challenging.

Once "copied" I plan to edit the video in PD 15. Some youtubes provided insight into upscaling the video up to 720p from Hi8, that would be a bonus if anyone knows how to do that.

Thanks so much and Happy 2017.

I only had success capturing video to my computer with a 1394 card when my source was Digital8. My first camcorder was a Sony that recorded in Digital8. It could play the Hi8 tapes, but I could not get it off the camcorder through the 1394 card.

My father-in-law had a GoVideo VHS/DVD recorder. He used it to copy video tapes to DVDs. It would also take source through the composite input jacks. So I hooked up my camcorder to the GoVideo, played the Hi8 tape, and then recorded it on to a DVD RW disk. I would then take the DVD to my computer and rip the video onto my computer with PD. I also did this with my dad's old VHS tapes, since the VHS player was built into the GO Video unit.

You can find a DVD recorder by searching "GO Video DVD Recorder" on Ebay.
Quote: But that's okay, as I've just listed the b.s. on Amazon and will at least get SOME of my hard-earned $$ back on the sale of this so-called 'software'. It's shyte, Cyberlink as a company is shyte, and the customer service is total b.s. Cyberlink stinx! When my movie wraps, I will definitely warn people at the end of the film NOT to buy anything from Cyberlink, same with my website, ALL future projects, and YouTube. So sue me. I plan to start a class-action against this shytty company because, 1) you're a rip-off and, 2) your 'customer service' is non-existent. All I asked for was a damn exchange and never heard one heard from you people, so I'm going to badmouth you & your sorry products from here to eternity!

Next time, you might want to try out the trial version first.

Good luck on that class-action law suit. Looking over your post, you would seem to have an excellent case.
Please follow steps outlined in this thread:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

It is important that you include the DXdiag.txt file.

Go to: