Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote MP4 sound quality equal to that of PD13 and earlier. A "patch" was made available earlier this year (and incorporated in latest updates I think) but previous versions still sound better. There is a distinctive "scratch" or distortion still perceptible. It's better than it was but still not as good as it should be.

I can add my support to this suggestion. Good quality sound is nearly as important as the picture and MP3 licenses are no longer being issued, I understand.
I mainly use PD for creating videos of still images and the odd video clip or two included. I would like to see the following:

a) The ability to resize the photo quickly back to its original size if, later, I feel that 16:9 or CLPV introduces to much distortion in the image.

b) Smoother acceleration/deceleration when using magic motion

c) Ability to add full length music to menus than being restricted to a few seconds

d) Ability to retain the timeline scale when saving a project instead of having to stretch it out each time I load it in
Steve, many thanks for your prompt response. I am new to this forum having only recently started to use PD14 after experience with competitor products. However, already seeing some good tips from you - I especially liked the right-click on the favourites transition to apply to all. Would have saved me a lot of time in the last few weeks if I had seen that tip earlier.

Thanks once again.
I am aware of some updates for PD14 on the Cyberlink website. Do I need to install each update incrementally or can I just install the latest one and have the same result?

It it really would be great if the correct approach was included in the update release notes or on the web page itself.

Please advise. Thanks.
Hi, re suggestions for future patches or versions - as a relative newbie, I have just spent some hours removing gaps between images and video clips on the video track. Whilst I have discovered how to do this manually, the ability to automatically remove all gaps on a selected track would be extremely useful.
Update - following a complete reinstall of windows 7, I now have my motion templates. So, not buggy sotware related problem on this topic.

Thanks to Cap'n Kevin for his assistance and Cyberlink should thank him to - I'm still awaiting a response to the customer support ticket raised & was about to ask for my money back. Sill I guerss the level of service from Cyberlink is in line with that from Corel (Videostudio) & Pinnacle!

Kevin,

Thanks for your response. I have been uninstalling all of the apps & have tried again tonight doing as you suggested (including uninstalling Pinnacle Studio) - unfortunately I get the same result i.e. no Motion Styles.

Any other thoughts/ideas?

Pete
Hi - hope you can help a frustrated new (full version)PD9 user. The problem is that whilst the program loads & seems to work normally, I am unable to see any Motion Styles (even after several install attempts following uninstalls, registry clear out of all things related to Cyberlink and SmartSound, reboot of the PC & Virus check (NOD32) turned off).

Even subsequently installing the content pack does not change the situation although this pack does not install correctly as the install hangs towards the end of the SmartSound installation. Checking my hard drive I can find files std_Motion & std_MMotion) in C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Template\Cyberlink\Motion & C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Template\Cyberlink\MMotion respectively. I am installing the programs as an Administrator under windows 7 (64 bit) and I have switched Quick Time (32-bit) to safe mode on the Audio & Advanced tabs. I do have Pinnacle Studio HD14 installed (and might be going back to using it!).

Any thoughts as PD9 is of no use if I cannot pan images?

I enclose my PC spec, a screenshot of PD9, the DXDiag & a screenshot of my Hard Drive entries for the above files and a task manager screenshot for the Contents pack install/hang. The build version of PD9 is 9.0.0.2316. The SR number of the main install & content pack are both VDE100917-03.

Thanks in advance

Pete
Go to: