Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No Motion Styles after Install on PD9 Ultra 64
Wheaty [Avatar]
Newbie Location: North Yorkshire Joined: Nov 29, 2010 09:53 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi - hope you can help a frustrated new (full version)PD9 user. The problem is that whilst the program loads & seems to work normally, I am unable to see any Motion Styles (even after several install attempts following uninstalls, registry clear out of all things related to Cyberlink and SmartSound, reboot of the PC & Virus check (NOD32) turned off).

Even subsequently installing the content pack does not change the situation although this pack does not install correctly as the install hangs towards the end of the SmartSound installation. Checking my hard drive I can find files std_Motion & std_MMotion) in C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Template\Cyberlink\Motion & C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Template\Cyberlink\MMotion respectively. I am installing the programs as an Administrator under windows 7 (64 bit) and I have switched Quick Time (32-bit) to safe mode on the Audio & Advanced tabs. I do have Pinnacle Studio HD14 installed (and might be going back to using it!).

Any thoughts as PD9 is of no use if I cannot pan images?

I enclose my PC spec, a screenshot of PD9, the DXDiag & a screenshot of my Hard Drive entries for the above files and a task manager screenshot for the Contents pack install/hang. The build version of PD9 is 9.0.0.2316. The SR number of the main install & content pack are both VDE100917-03.

Thanks in advance

Pete
 Filename
Spec for Cyberlink_Pete Wheatstone.doc
[Disk]
 Description
All details
 Filesize
483 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
412 time(s)
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Pete,

Thank you for providing the information in advance!

Well I haven't heard of this happening yet....very strange indeed.

If it were me I would uninstall PD9...also make sure you also uninstall Photonow, and Wave Editor.

Then reinstall PD9. Enter your product key and then open PD9 before you install the Content pack. Verify that you have the MAgic Motion Styles before you install the Content pack.

I don't think the Magic Motion is part of the content pack....I think it is part of the PROGRAM file....I might be wrong....but I would verify that it appears prior to installing the Content pack. If all is well...then continue to then install the content pack.

Let us know how you make out....I am interested to see your results.

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Wheaty [Avatar]
[Post New]
Kevin,

Thanks for your response. I have been uninstalling all of the apps & have tried again tonight doing as you suggested (including uninstalling Pinnacle Studio) - unfortunately I get the same result i.e. no Motion Styles.

Any other thoughts/ideas?

Pete
Wheaty [Avatar]
[Post New]
Update - following a complete reinstall of windows 7, I now have my motion templates. So, not buggy sotware related problem on this topic.

Thanks to Cap'n Kevin for his assistance and Cyberlink should thank him to - I'm still awaiting a response to the customer support ticket raised & was about to ask for my money back. Sill I guerss the level of service from Cyberlink is in line with that from Corel (Videostudio) & Pinnacle!

DOUGLAS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 01, 2011 09:52 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem. No motion templates. Program has also shut down unexpectedly three times.

A complete reinstall of Windows 7 will require an entire weekend to rebuild my system.

I'm not sure this program is worth it.

Adobe Premier is working fine.
brettkp [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 03, 2011 17:14 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

I'm a newbie to PowerDirector, and have 9 Ultra64 build 2504 running on Windows 7 Home 64 bit. I also have no Magic Motion templates. I have reinstalled the Content pack in the hope that that would fix it, but it didn't. I havent' reinstalled PD9 yet, and would hope that I don't have to.

Any thoughts other than a reinstall of PD9/Win7?

Thanks,
Brett
mg21082 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 04, 2011 06:11 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
hi,
also have this issue (posted).
i have 2 win 7 machines. one with 64bit and another 32 bit.
pd9 ultra+latest patch+content pack+smartsound.
on the win 7 64 bit magic motion works fine, but on the 32 bit machine, when open the magic motion, no styles display.
strange is when i create a sample project with magic motion on the 64 bit machine, and then copy it to the 32 bit machine, the functionality of the magic motion works when playing, and also i can use motion designer, but i can not change or add a new motion to same of another picture, becase there is no style display on the magic motion windows.

tried, uninstalling, reg clean, re-intalling, same result.

what can bet done?

mg
[Thumb - magic motion.JPG]
 Filename
magic motion.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
magic motion screen
 Filesize
26 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
240 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 06. 2011 04:20

brettkp [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi mg,

I see no easy solution to the problem at this stage. I've been in contact with Cyberlink support for a couple of months on this issue and to date have done the following:

1) Reinstalled the software 3 times from different versions supplied by Cyberlink
2) Supplied the screenshots of the problem and my system specs twice
3) Provided proof of purchase

And after all that I'm still where I started...no magic motion templates. My problem is with the 64-bit version, so perhaps in some way it's good to know it's not just a 64-bit issue.

I hope you have more luck finding a solution.

Regards,
Brett
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I have just been informed by CyberLink.

"No Motion Styles after Install on PD9 Ultra 64" is a known issue for some editors. CyberLink and Microsoft are currently engaged in trying to find the reason why. Please have patience, the issue is being investigated.
Hwyl
Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Update info from CyberLink.
Please check and apply the latest Operating System patch and latest Internet Explorer.
Please report what effect that has.
brettkp [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the heads up Dafydd.

I've just installed the patch, but this still hasn't fixed the problem. It still shows an empty window for the Magic Motion templates.

Regards,
Brett
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Brett,
I'll report your findings back to CyberLink and see what "gives".
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: 192.
Update info from CyberLink.
Please check and apply the latest Operating System patch and latest Internet Explorer.
Please report what effect that has.

Hi brett,

CyberLink have requested you confirm that you've applied the latest windows update and can you also state what Internet Explorer version you are operating?

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 01. 2011 07:27

brettkp [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

Yes, I have all the latest Windows Updates. I'm running IE version 9.0.8112.16421.

Cheers,
Brett
Panicosael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 13, 2011 04:23 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,I have the same problem, no templates appears in the magic motion.I install-reinstal-delete programs but no result,the magic motion windows is always black.Finally I found the way to use the content of magic motion.
1)Insert the pictures jpg in the workspace with one small video(i insert the nature mpg demo)
2)Highlights the pictures and the video and choose the magic style.In the magic style windows choose the original and then preview or apply.When the movie is ready in the workspace delete the unwanted elements, video and the Title(my movie and the end)
3)if you want edit the picture, Highlight the picture press the magic motion button,(the black windows appears again without any content),press the motion designer bottom and edit the picture.

Notes: if you add only pictures without video clips in the workspace the magic styles produce only slideshow pictures.

Thanks
Panicos
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Panicos,
Thank you for your post. Please can you confirm what version of PowerDirector you are using?

Please confirm you have applied BOTH the Program executable and the Contents pack?

Please state where you purchased the product from - to make sure you have been supplied the full CyberLink PowerDirector 9 package?

A screenshot of the Motion Designer would be good to have please.

Guide info is available here for PART A which has been requested: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

To attach a file select Post Reply or click this link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/reply/0/14352.page

Thanks