Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm looking at getting a sony cx110 camcorder and it records in .m2ts format. I just want to make sure it is fully compatible with this software.

thanks in advance.
ps - is there a quick an easy way to batch convert video to another format?
Thanks Kevin, I'll look into that. Glad to hear it's not just me, but bummed that I have to redo my entire movie.
Yup, that's snow... winter has started here in MN.
Fred - thanks, I'll try that. but for some reason I don't think it will make a difference in this case. Why would a video driver effect how trimmed video is displayed?
another update...

ok, it seems to only black out the thumbnail when you trim the beginning of the clip, you can trim from the end and be just fine, but if you trim off any from the start it blacks out.
here is a short sample video from this camera
Here is the dxdiag.
Mike, I can view everything in the project window, even the trimmed clips (with the black thumbnails), but when I make the final movie all of the clips with the black thumbnails, aka the trimmed clips from this camera, there is no video from those (just audio).
Kevin, It's the Insignia NS-Dcc5hb09 camera. Just a cheap little HD camera from Best Buy, works great though for it's size. Most of the clips are long though (hence the trimming). Maybe I'll make a little test video just so you have a clip from the camera to play with. What's odd though is the fact that ONE trimmed clip from this camera still plays video in the final movie?
I thought about that, but then shouldn't I have a problem seeing any of the clips from that camera? I just can't see a few of the trimmed clips (except for 1) in the final movie. I can see the clips in any player though.
Oh, I just noticed something that might shoot my last theory, there is ONE trimmed clip that still shows up in the timeline and in the final movie.
If it matters, the camera that these clips come from is the Insignia HD DV Camera.
I think I have narrowed it down, but have no idea what the solution is...
When I add clips from this camera to the timeline, they show up fine and you can see a little thumbnail picture in the timeline. BUT after I trim these clips the thumbnail picture turns black (regardless of trim size). All of the clips with black thumbnails don't show video on the final movie, but everything plays just fine on the timeline before I create the final movie file.
I have Window's xp and the trial version of PD9. I've made two little movies that worked just fine. Now, for some reason on the third one, I'm mixing video from 2 different cameras. Some (NOT ALL) of the clips shot with one of the cameras does not play in the final movie (after it's been produced), but ALL of the clips play (from that camera) when I'm working on them in the project.
So, when I view the full movie in the project, everything plays, BUT when I create the final movie certain clips don't have video (but the audio is there). The clips that don't play in the final movie are black on the timeline (but again, they all play as part of the project).
Any help here?
Go to: