Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
.m2ts file compatibility
Deeno [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 22, 2010 23:57 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I'm looking at getting a sony cx110 camcorder and it records in .m2ts format. I just want to make sure it is fully compatible with this software.

thanks in advance.
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Putting aside the fact that you cant see on the page CL format page (http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector/devices-formats_en_US.html), it is just an extension and is 100% compatible with PD9. Im sure that other menbers can give you more details, but the asnwer is YES

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 28. 2010 15:27

All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
I can confirm for you that it will read your Sony camera's files beautifully. I have used footage from two different recent model Sony's and they worked well. Win 10, i7
caucasioncomet [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2011 12:27 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Brand new here and I too am having a problem with the support of M2TS file format. PD9 won't read the files in folder. I have attempted to convert the file and that is not solving the problem either. please advise
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
What is the source of your video ? What type of camera ? How large is the video ? You can get all the info by clicking on "properties" of the file in PD9. Win 10, i7
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi -

.MTS & .M2TS are just extensions used for AVCHD files. MTS = MPEG Transport Stream

On the page Nicholas linked AVC files are listed, though the .m2ts extension isn't specifically mentioned.

PD produces .M2TS video files when AVC H.264 format is selected, so it's obviously OK importing them, as HDedit said.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!