Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi...

Can anyone please let me know what I can do to fix this....

Using Power director 6....I click on "produce" to produce my project. I select to produce it as a "file" (a MPEG)...I click continue and it says that the program has to close. It happens everytime.

Please if anyone can be of assistance, it would be appreciated!

Thank you!
Hi...
This is an update. I found my PDV5 disk and installed it and then I was able to re-install my upgrade to PDV6....so I have my program back. HOWEVER....when I go to "produce" my project as a MPEG file it will not let me do it....it crashes each time. It did let me produce as a streaming WMV file, but the quality is terrible and I need a MPEG file so I can burn it to a DVD.
Is this patch the only way to fix it? Why when installing the patch it wants to uninstall my Power Director 6? I am sure I will have the same issues like I did before (see below) when attempting to install this patch.

Please if anyone has any advice on how to fix this? This SHOULD NOT be happening....I should be able to produce my project!!

Thank you!
Michelle

Hi...
I need help ASAP! I own Power Director Version 6 that I paid and upgraded (from my version 5) from the internet. I rarely have had problems with it. I was working on a project and went to "produce" the project and the program kept crashing. I came to the forums to see if anyone else had this issue and I was reading that I should download the current patch. While I was attempting to download the current patch....it first said that it had to "uninstall" my current PD6 and then went on to proceed to install this patch I believe and then I first got the following error:

Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDirector\PVDidAna.dll failed to register. HRESULT-2147220473. Contact your support personnel

I clicked "ok" as that was my only choice and then continued to give the same error message 5 more times with the following "dll's":
\MediaObj.dll
\CLEdtkrn.dll
\magicut.dll
\PDMenuEditor.3.dll
\PDEditingMgrWrapper.dll

After clicking "ok" on each one and then went on continuing installing and then I got the follow message:

Unable to install patch! Your system must have Power Director 6 version installed and not the trial version. Installation will abort.

NOW MY POWER DIRECTOR PROGRAM IS GONE AND NO WHERE TO BE FOUND!!!

I went back to where I had saved the "power director 6.exe" file to attempt to reinstall and when I do that I get the following errors:

Setup could not find a file on the specified path or disk. Please check that the proper disk is inserted or specify a new path. Unable to locate file C:\temp\pft9Ftmp\powerdirector.msi

Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product Power Director. The windows installer cannot continue

Error: -1603 Fatal error during installation. Consult windows installer help (msi.chm) or MSDN for more info

I am at a total loss and I NEED my program BACK!!!!

If anyone has any advise whatsoever....I would truly appreciate it!

Thank you!
Michelle
Hi...

In the new slideshow feature in version....when you use the "collage or scrapbook" type....does anyone know if you can remove the background that it uses and replace it with another background you would like to use?

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Michelle
Hi Dafydd...

Thanks so much!! It worked great!!

Now....is there anyway to make those images move? Or appear one at a time?

Thanks again for your help!!

Michelle
Hi....

Can anyone tell me if is possible to show 2 or more pictures within 1 frame? I know about PIP, but I want to be able to have 2 or more individual pictures show up on the screen at one time....not necessarily on top of each other.

I hope this makes sense....

Thanks in advance for any help!

Michelle
Hi...

I am about to be a new user and was wondering if there are any sites to see examples or samples of movies/projects created with Power Director.

If anyone could let me know....I would appreciate it!

Thanks!
Go to: