Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Tried all these things except for the sound/video card updates (my husband just did that two weeks ago). Nothing seems to help; the program estimates the size of the video, and then starts to produce it, gets to about 2 mb or so, and stops.

Perhaps the video is just corrupt in some way. I gave up and produced it as an mpeg2 instead.

Thanks for the reply, though!
It has happened on a couple of different files. I don't know if they can be corrupt though; wouldn't that stop them from producing as mpeg2 or avi? And yet they do produce in those file types. But perhaps you are right.

It's a real mystery to me. Thanks for your help, Kevin.
I have 4gb ram, and the hard drive has 40gb free. Think this is my problem?

I have a secondary drive with over 300 gb free, but am not sure how to direct the program to utilize this space.
It actually has happened again. I was able to produce part of a project (I am doing it in several parts to upload to youtube - not using PowerDirector's uploader, however, because I do videos longer than 10 minutes), but when I tried to do the other half of it, the program did as before: the progress bar sits at 0% and the program does nothing.

The source file is a .vob. Hard to believe this is the problem, because I have often produced these projects with no trouble at all.

The "Produced" gets to 2.6 mb and thats as far as she goes!

As before, I can produce an AVI file no problem. Also MPeg2.
Hi!

The file is AVI. I also tried with a VOB file. The video did not produce at all, staying at 0%.

I just tried to produce an mpeg4 again, a moment ago, and this time it worked! So now I am not sure what to think, but it is, at any rate, working now. I would like to know what caused it to not work before, but unless it quits working again I guess it will remain a mystery, for now at least.

Thanks for your reply; I will repost if it fails again.
I've searched the forum but don't see anyone else with this problem. I cannot produce a video in mpeg4 or AVC. The program doesn't freeze, because I can cancel the rendering if I wish, but it doesn't produce anything, either. The hard disk access light on the computer flashes, so it is obviously trying to do the production, but then it just stops trying. I can do AVI or WMV.

The version is 8.00.3022, on Windows 7. I am thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling the software. Any suggestions?
I have found that by using the Fix/Enhance tab, and applying the re-focus, I get a somewhat better picture; not perfect, but an improvement.
Go to: