Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: Try using catalyst 11.8

Success! Thankyou.

There is also a newer version 12.1 but I haven't tried that yet...if it aint broke...
No luck with the patch i'm afraid.
Additional Information:

PowerDVD Ultra 11 Full Version Retail 11.0.2024.53
PowerDVD SR Number DVD110628-02
PowerDVD TR Number TR110826-012
Windows 7 32Bit
Admin Account
Audio Setting is Use HDMI / Non-Encoded
60Hz HDMI
Single Monitor 46" Panasonic Plastma TV
Using Both Virtual CloneDrive and BD-Rom
Microsoft Security Essentials and IE 9

The rest of the information can be found in the attached files.

Many Thanks
Hi
Results from DxDiag and both Blu Ray and 3D Blu Ray tests attached.

Cheers
Thanks for your reply.

Settings are as follows:

3D scene depth - Center (Default)
Swap Eye View - Left Eye first
Source Format - autodetect (tried side By side as well)

test Results running the full GUI rather than the MCE Plugin

Display Device and Result

1. Auto Detect

Loads Disc then Starts Normally straight to the menu. No error but the 3D never kicks In it stays in 2D. If I click the 3D Icon at the bottom of the screen the crseen goes black and nothing happens.

2. 3D Ready HDTV (Checkerboard)

Starts disc in a distorted manner - with one image overlaying the other. I think it is forcing 3D but it is not detected by or is the proper 3D for my TV.

3. 120Hz Time-Sequential 3D LCD

Disc Appears to by playing but there is no image - just a black screen. No sound either.

4. HDMI 1.4 enabled 3D TV (1080p 24Hz)

This is the setting I would expect it to be using. I get a message saying:

Cyberlink PowerDVD could not enable 3D playback. Try choosing a different 3D display device. I click "OK" and the Blu Ray starts fine but in 2D - same as option 1.

5. HDMI 1.4 enabled 3D TV (720p 60Hz)

Same as option 4.

6. HDMI 1.4 enabled 3D TV (720p 60Hz)

Same as option 4.

I have both Arcsoft and Cyberlink Installed now and so choose between them when loading up a Blu Ray in Media Center.

I choose Cyberlink now for Normal Blu Rays and Arcsoft for 3D Blu Ray Only.

I hope you can find a solution as although there is no noticable difference between the two I think your software launches a little quicker - which is nice.

Never mind about my second issue.

Setting Autoplay in control panel to "Take no Action" when playing Blu Rays fixed PowerDVD launching it's GUI.

Sort out the 3D and I will love you forever!

Cheers
Sorry one moreissue as well.

When I launch a Blu Ray in Windows Media Center - sometimes it starts up the Standalone application rather than the WMC Plugin.

WMC gives the message:

Another version of Cyberlink PowerDVD is currently running. You must close it before launching Cyberlink PowerDVD 11.

The message implies that it's running both the WMC plugin and the Main Application at the same time.

If I close the application using the mouse and then revert back to WMC it will then from from inside media center.

It's then fine from then on - it exibit this behaviour after restarting WMC.
Is there an easy fix for this one? A registry change or something? Or it it something to do with Autoplay?

Cheers
I am a Arcsoft TotalMedia user and watch all Blu Rays via the Excellent WMC plugin. I have been happy thus far until recently when I had juddering issues watching the latest Star Wars Blu Rays.

I therefore tried your Software which is just as good as the Arcsoft Software and found that you have addressed the issue and could watch Star Wars perfectly - great!

However, I also watch 3D Blu Rays and your software does not automatically enable 3D as it should.

I downloaded your 3D Advisor software and got a pass all the way down:

CPU : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8600 @ 3.33GHz / Yes
GPU (Hardware acceleration) : AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series / Yes
Hardware Dual-Video Decoding Capability for MVC : Yes / Yes
System Memory : 2048 MB / Yes
Operating System : Windows 7 Service Pack 1 / Yes
Graphics Card : AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series / Yes
Graphics Card Driver : 8.920.0.0 / Yes
Blu-ray Disc Drive : [D:] ELBY CLONEDRIVE / Yes
Disc Drive : [D:] ELBY CLONEDRIVE / Yes
Software Player : PowerDVD 11 / Yes
Video Connection Type : Digital(with HDCP) / Yes
3D Display : Panasonic-TV / Yes

I appreciate that the advisor is just a guide but when looking in your "known issues" section I see that there is a known with ATI cards and that you define it as an "External Issue":

[019] [external issue] PDVD can not activate 3D on some platform with ATI/AMD Graphics adaptor
[021] [investigating] Can not enable 3D in some environments with HDMI 1.4 devices

This ATI problem cannot be an external issue as the Arcsoft Software works perfectly with the same hardware and drivers.

Please tell me that you are fixing this issue and that I haven't just wasted £45!

I am happy to be converted over from Arcsoft but I just need to know that your looking into fixing this issue first.

Many Thanks

Go to: