Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Update on my problems. Pd8 recognizes the "emp audio device" (startech) now. Yesterday it didn't, but for some reason today it did. Perhaps I plugged it in at the wrong time. Perhaps a reboot helped. I don't know. So, the no sound problem is over.
Also I found that if i click the record button first and the vcr play button second, I can capture. If i do it the other way around; play on the vcr, then pd8 record, i get the copyrighted material error every time. Strange how you can trip onto a solution sometimes. Thanks for your help.
to mikejoed

Sorry if i was unclear. No, I'm not trying to capture directly. I am using a usb startech video capture device which i have used successfully with other programs. thanks for your input.
I am using driver downloaded from startech. The startech works with windows movie maker, but unfortunatley pd8 does not recognize the audio " usb emp audio device" That"s why i get no audio. I still can't figure out why i get the false copyright problem.
sorry, i am using startech vcc svid2usb2. I'm not trying to capture directly to my card. thanks for your reply.
to clarify what i mean by home tape : I made the tape with a Vhs recorder in 1985. It was done in my yard and was of my family. It is not encrypted nor is it a copy. It is the original. it is continuous and without chapters. It would seem to suggest that if the program captured any amount of the tape , it is not encrypted or copyright protected. You say you're not mad at me ,but you certainly condescend to speak to me. I'm not a complete fool. Did you read the part where i said i captured it using windows movie maker? i have looked in the help files of pd8. there is basically no info on capturing other than the obvious functions of the buttons. I looked for the subject in forum before i sent the e-mail about my problem.

intel core 2duo cpu
e6550 @2.33 ghz
2 gb ram
xp pro vr 2002 sp3
nvidia geforce 8800 gts
sorry my post was not clear. what i thought was ridiculous was the program terminating capture because it perceives the vhs tape as copyrighted. I have captured the tape with windows movie maker with no problems. I know its not copy protected because its my home tape. the steps i took were

1 start pd8
2 click on capture
3 preview screen comes on
4 start tape play
5 click record in pd8
6 begins recording, sometimes 10 seconds into operation window pops up "copyrighted material, terminate recording" (something like that)
7 playback what little recording there is, no sound. delete recording.
8 start over and change audio input to another choice until all choices are exhausted. same results except sometimes i don't get the copyright error at all or i pops up in the beginning or 20 seconds in.
I hope this explains better the situation.

thanks
when attempting to capture home VHS tape. PD8 seems to randomly think content is copy protected and stops recording. ridiculous! also no sound. any help would be appreciated.
Go to: