Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm pretty sure that you would always select "120Hz time sequential" for 3DVision ???

I have been told that my refresh-force fix works on a DVI connected LCD so maybe it could also work for DLP?

If Cyberlink just added a "Use Desktop settings for 3D" tick box they could fix this...
Glad to hear it… but it would be a lot easier if Cyberlink just added a menu to select the resolution and refresh rate for 3D mode! In the mean time this fix worked for me on my CRT, it might also work on LCDs - but don’t blame me if it goes wrong!

Download RefreshForce: http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/

Run it as an administrator and remove ALL modes except the resolution you want to use for PDVD and set the refresh rate for that resolution to 120 (100 / 110 might also work, 160Hz works on my CRT!) LCD users should just add the max / native resolution of your panel, you might also need to use device manager to change the monitor driver to “Generic Non-PNP Monitor” (you can force it by selecting “Let me choose the driver” in the driver update wizard)

I added the same resolution set in refresh force as a custom resolution in the Nvidia control panel, and also make sure the “Hide modes this monitor can not display” box is not ticked in the windows display properties. I also used the show_non_present_devices command to remove all “phantom” monitor and infrared devices from device manager before I did this, not sure if it helped, info here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241257

Remember you MUST reboot after making any changes before you try PowerDVD! I hope this info can help someone, good luck with it…

I have the same problem as the OP using PDVD10 with 3D Vision on my CRT (VGA), it just gets stuck in a loop trying to change resolution / refresh rate.

I have tried setting my desktop to 1024x768 or 1280x900 @ 120Hz but PowerDVD just ignores it, are there any config files or registry keys we can change to manually set the resolution / refresh rate for PowerDVD?

The best I can do at the moment is 85Hz which isn't really watchable for more than a few minutes, does anyone know what resolution PowerDVD is trying to set for full screen mode?

I just get a black screen (with the mouse pointer visable) and the green light on the emitter turns on and off about once a second, do you guys using LCDs get the same thing?

thanks

Go to: