Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdvd 10 2d to 3d and nvidia vision
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi NICOLAS,

please let us knwo which Samsung you use

please also check this page for BD-3D compatible displays:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-requirements.html

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
NICOLAS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2010 08:54 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply. I have the Samsung® SyncMaster
2233RZ 120 hz monitor ie the 3D Vision ready monitor.
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Nicolas,

this monitor is not compatible to BD-3D

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
NICOLAS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2010 08:54 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
that is strange, though I see it is listed as not working on the nVidia web site. After I uninstalled 'Microsoft Live Mesh' it did work once, but when I stopped playback and tried again it was the same problem as before.

Thus the monitor does work, it must just be a software glitch. I hope Cyberlink will investigate this further.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 20. 2010 10:59

[Post New]
Hi,

please let me highlight - that this display is not compatible to playback BD-3D - it can playback BD-3D in 2D mode, but not as 3D!

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
Rich [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2010 15:13 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Michael,
Do you have any update on the Classic mode not working?
[Post New]
Dear Rich,

it seems that on some platforms this issue can happen - we are looking into the symptoms now.

could you post your DXDIAG Log as TXT attachement here?

Thanks and greetings

Werde Facebook Fan
Rich [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2010 15:13 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Dear Rich,

it seems that on some platforms this issue can happen - we are looking into the symptoms now.

could you post your DXDIAG Log as TXT attachement here?

Thanks and greetings
Michael

Here ya go... Let me know if you need more info.
Thanks
Rich
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
39 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
334 time(s)
Nick [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 23, 2010 11:14 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem as the OP using PDVD10 with 3D Vision on my CRT (VGA), it just gets stuck in a loop trying to change resolution / refresh rate.

I have tried setting my desktop to 1024x768 or 1280x900 @ 120Hz but PowerDVD just ignores it, are there any config files or registry keys we can change to manually set the resolution / refresh rate for PowerDVD?

The best I can do at the moment is 85Hz which isn't really watchable for more than a few minutes, does anyone know what resolution PowerDVD is trying to set for full screen mode?

I just get a black screen (with the mouse pointer visable) and the green light on the emitter turns on and off about once a second, do you guys using LCDs get the same thing?

thanks

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jul 24. 2010 12:51

[Post New]
I have a toshiba Satellite A665 DV that is for 3d with the Nvidia system. It works well with Nvidia files but I have the same blank screen problem described above. Every once in a while it works great showing a 2D DVD in 3D but most of the time I get the blank screen. It seems to be trying to display in 3D but just can't quite make it. Therefore it can work but only does so infrequently. Please help.
[Post New]
I thought I had the solution as where I was trying to see the 3D DVD there were several IR controllers. After taking the laptop to the basement with no controllers I was able to see the movie Fracture in good 3D. However, trying another DVD in the same location the old problem came back. . I still don't know what is going on. Any help would be appreciated.
[Post New]
Hello,

thanks for your feedback.

we are constantly improving our Software and will investigate the reported issues with high priortiy

greetings

Werde Facebook Fan
Nick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Glad to hear it… but it would be a lot easier if Cyberlink just added a menu to select the resolution and refresh rate for 3D mode! In the mean time this fix worked for me on my CRT, it might also work on LCDs - but don’t blame me if it goes wrong!

Download RefreshForce: http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/

Run it as an administrator and remove ALL modes except the resolution you want to use for PDVD and set the refresh rate for that resolution to 120 (100 / 110 might also work, 160Hz works on my CRT!) LCD users should just add the max / native resolution of your panel, you might also need to use device manager to change the monitor driver to “Generic Non-PNP Monitor” (you can force it by selecting “Let me choose the driver” in the driver update wizard)

I added the same resolution set in refresh force as a custom resolution in the Nvidia control panel, and also make sure the “Hide modes this monitor can not display” box is not ticked in the windows display properties. I also used the show_non_present_devices command to remove all “phantom” monitor and infrared devices from device manager before I did this, not sure if it helped, info here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241257

Remember you MUST reboot after making any changes before you try PowerDVD! I hope this info can help someone, good luck with it…

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 28. 2010 16:59

techmaster [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 30, 2010 10:26 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same issues reported here with 2d to 3d mode. My HW:

Win 7 / 64 bit
intel 730, 6GB RAM
Nvidia GT240 / 1G ram, driver 258.96
Nvidia 3D Vision
Samsung 3D ready DLP

This setup works 100% in 3D mode with Nvidia's 3D video player.

First of all it's not clear what 3D display device to select from the two options: 3D HDTV Ready or 120Hz TV.
The 3D HDTV option does not go full screen (as required for 3D vision to work), it does display some form of 3D video but does not turn on 3D vision.
The 120Hz mode switches to full screen (asks first to accept this), I hear a chirp and the screen goes black and stays this way. Sometimes I can recover by putting the computer into sleep mode - but other times I have to reboot. This is in "Classic Mode".
In Cinema mode 2D to 3D does work (with 120Hz TV device setting). Cinema mode needs to be in full screen mode and I need to start the DVD from the beginning. If I try resume it will display 3D video but it will not turn on the 3D vision glasses.
So clearly there are some issues with POWERDVD 2D-3D mode setup of video HW

I used the current POWER DVD trial version build 1830

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 30. 2010 11:05

[Post New]
Hi Techmaster,

can you please let me know which Samsung 3DLP ready device you use?

If you use the Samsung device you should use the glasses that belong to the Samsung DLP - the NVIDIA glasses are meant to be used with 3D-Vision ready devices (120Hz Time-sequential)

Br
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 30. 2010 11:30

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
techmaster [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have the Samsung HL61A750A1F. It's a 3D ready DLP (checker board). Samsung no long sells 3D glasses and emitter for their 3D ready DLPs but some 3rd parties sell compatible glasses. I decided to get Nvidia 3D vision since it's the most universal solution available (supports most 3D displays + some analog monitors). It's 100% compatible with my Samsung TV. So your statement that Nvidia 3D vision is only meant to be used with 120Hz time sequential TVs is incorrect (Nvidia only lists Mitsubishi DLPs - but Samsung uses the same TI 3D DLP technology).

The 3D Ready HDTV device option is that for checker board DLP? This option plays video inside a Windows window. My understanding of the checker board format is that you need to switch the entire screen to checker board.

It may be that Cyberlink does not fully support Nvidia 3D vision by ignoring/overwrite the settings in the Nvidia 3D driver. If that's the case I suggest you use the Nvidia 3D driver settings so you can support Nvidia 3D 100% (= less support, bigger market).
There is 1-2 other 3D video players (in addition to the one from Nvidia) that works just fine, so I'm a bit surprised that Cyberlink has not been able to get this to work.

Techmaster
Nick [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm pretty sure that you would always select "120Hz time sequential" for 3DVision ???

I have been told that my refresh-force fix works on a DVI connected LCD so maybe it could also work for DLP?

If Cyberlink just added a "Use Desktop settings for 3D" tick box they could fix this...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 30. 2010 13:57

RAYMOND [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 31, 2010 00:25 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the Alienware OptX AW2310 23" 3d Vision LCD, and I can only get power dvd to play a dvd in 3d if I use cinema mode in PowerDVD. Will I have a problem running blu ray 3d's when they become more available? Thanks.
techmaster [Avatar]
[Post New]
I tried a demo of a competing product (A....) with 2d->3d conversion. I selected their 120Hz mode with the Nvidia logo. It works just fine. It goes full screen and turns on the Nvidia emitter. Just like PowerDVD they have a 3D HDTV ready mode (says for checker board) but that's not the mode to use with Nvidia glasses.

So I conclude that there is no HW limitation that would prohibit PowerDVD from working with Nvidia 3D vision and a checker board 3D ready TV. It's just a matter of bug fixing or correcting limitations in the software.

I still prefer PowerDVD so I hope this issue will be fixed soon

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 02. 2010 14:17

Paul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 10, 2010 00:01 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have found a solution that works for me. I was running PowerDVD10 in Classic Mode as with Cinema Mode I lost all sound (which seems to be a problem). Here is what I did. I'm running a Samsung HL67A750 with 3D Vision

Before loading the 3D bluray each time, set the 3D settings to "micro-polariser LCD 3D". Then load the movie. Once the movie is playing, switch back to 120hz field sequential mode while it is playing. I have tried this several times and it has worked every single time. Hope this helps. Im assuming this will work as well with the 3D DVD conversion

I tested this with several 3D blurays and here were my results

Coraline - Worked perfectly
Ice Age 3 - Worked Perfectly
IMAX Grand Canyon - Worked Perfectly
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - Did not work.
DVD of Watchmen - Worked Perfectly

So not a perfect solution but definitely an improvement. Just a side note, I've also tested out Arcsoft's TotalMedia Theatre 3. It worked flawlessly for 3D blurays, didnt have to mess with anything, just loaded a movie and it played without a hitch. I had some trouble with Arcsofts 2d to 3d converstion though. Its a pretty weak effect to begin with on DVDs, but the left field had a wavyness to it for some reason on arcsofts. The left field wavyness is showing up on DVDs in PowerDVD as well. The picture quality in both programs is significantly hurt too.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 10. 2010 00:41

Surya [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 04, 2010 03:13 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I got it working using NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player if anybody is interested.

I got it working by using and Cyberlink's Video Codec and Arc Soft Audio Decoder.

Open up the NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player, choose File>>Settings>>Decoder>>DVD Decoder.

For Video Decoder choose - Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder PDVD 10 UPnP

For Audio Decoder choose - Arc Soft Audio Decoder. (or what ever Decoder you have on your system. (Trial and Error)

Doesn't solve the PowerDVD 10 Ultra Mark II issue with 3D playback (but at least it works)

Try this if you want. There are one or two more steps that might be necessary - see how you go.

By the way while trial and error please note you have to maximize the DVD window to Full Screen for the 3D feature to take it's effect.