Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have version 8, is that not the most recent?
OK,
Raw File = Awesome
Preview within Power Director = Awesome
Dragged into project timeline = Reduced Quality
Anything after that no matter what = Same Reduced Quality
I have been having issues with PD when dragging my raw files into the project where the video quality was degraded. Viewing the raw files in preview mode or in quicktime showed excellent quality. Only after it has been dragged in the project did I notice degredation. I have come to find out that the issue may be because PD doesn't translate 60fps videos into 60fps in the projects. Is this true for you all? This could be the reason I was having trouble. I know you can customize your produced videos with special bitrates, and fps, but that is already after it has been translated into 30fps in the actual project timeline. Please enlighten me with your knowledge. If this is true, then why buy HD cameras that can record in 60fps(excellent quality) if PD can't handle it?
I think I have a hunch what the issue is. My camera records in 60fps which really gives excellent video quality. Once in the project, I think PD downgrades it to 30fps. Even if you produce in 60fps, It's already after it was degraded to 30fps which means it's just doubling the frames from the project. Is this correct
I was having the same exact problem and they kept saying the same things to me too and not listening. Of course my video driver and video card is up to snuff If I can view them in quicktime or the previewer with 100% quality. But once they are put into a project, the quality drops noticably. They kept saying the same stuff, check your card, your drivers, etc. And I'm like, "ARE YOU LISTENING???". These are all fine, so what is PD's problem with killing my quality. Did I buy HD for nothing?
Hey guys, my friend's final cut pro couldn't open the files because they were .mov files. Dont know why. But I kind of had a suspicion why I may be losing the quality. My camera records in 60fps which is really good, and i'm wondering if cyberlink is shrinking down the fps which may result in a less crisp look. What do you think?
I did all those steps that you showed me and I am able to match the video quality that is in the timeline of the project which is still really good. But it isn't as good as the raw footage. I don't know what to do about this. I am going to try and use Final Cut pro on my friend's MAC and see if it does it too. I'll get back to you.
I forgot to change the bitrate, i will do it and get back to you. Thanks
Quote: Which ever format you choose, youtube will re-render it to suit its own parameters. youtube do seem to keep changing the way this works and the results can be a little variable. In practice, I doubt that you will get the same quality as the raw video.

Many folk have their own favoured way of outputting for youtube, maybe do a search on the forum and scan the latest results.

This video is shot and edited in 720p, probably produced as a 720p mpg and uploaded (I can't remember, because I'm getting old :cry as an .mp4 produced in SuperC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvEd7qOLq50

I was happy with the result - only the quality, not the dead camera which was a bit of a ...........

Cheers
Adrian

This is true, however when i made the adjustments to the bitrate quality in cyberlink and saved it to my computer, the quality is the same(not crisp anymore). So weather it is youtube or just saved on my hard drive, the quality drops when put through powerdirector. I will try searching more forums to find an answer, but for now no solution.
Quote: Hi Shane,

The problem you are having with poor visual quality is most likely related to the default "bitrate" of the YouTube profile you selected within Power Director when you uploaded your video. When you select the "HD quality" profile it has a default bitrate of around 1,800 Kbps which won't maintain the same visual quality as your original footage. Your HD camera probably shoots in either 17,000Kbps or maybe even as high as 24,000Kbps.

The solution:
Produce your own custom YouTube profiles that have a higher bitrate and resolution (1920x1080). It is pretty easy to do. And when you produce future videos you will be able to select your custom profiles within Power Director. You need three things:

1. You can find these wmv profiles that you need to modify and add at this location on your computer C:/ Program Files/ Cyberlink/Power Director/ Language/ ENU(or select your language)/ Profiles.

2. Download and install this program (Windows Media Encoder) so that you can edit these prx files.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5691ba02-e496-465a-bba9-b2f1182cdf24&displaylang=en

3. Watch this tutorial to show you how to make the changes to the resolution and bitrate settings in the profile. Once you create these new profiles you will be very pleased with the resulting output.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw2RlzIt9EM

Good Luck,

Kevin

I tried this and ran into one problem. When I made a new profile, it would dissapear right after and I could not see it in the "profile" folder. I made sure it was the right folder and it was, but it just would not save new profiles. So what I did is just changed the settings in one of the default profiles and that worked. I changed the bitrate and the fps but the quality is still the same. I tried uploading the raw file to youtube directly and the quality is good, but not as crisp as the raw file. Even in HD this is the case. Am i destined to not be able to create and/or upload files in the original quality the camera gives me. I am very discouraged. I don't know what to do
Below are my upload attempts, they all look the same to me.

Original attempt to output HD - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xps7NYkPBs
Updated Bitrate and FPS upload attempt - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xIhasdApRc
Raw HQ HD file - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0SrwT6N4OM
OK, I will try and let you know. Thank you so much for the information. This could be the solution.
HI, If this is true, then the video when produced should be good quality right? Because I'm confused. I need to check what version of PowerDirector I have but I just bought it online february this year. Here is the link to the video clip. If you watch this vid in HD, it still is not the quality of the raw file. The raw file was so beautiful but this is just not even close
It was uploaded using the HD quality direct upload to youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xps7NYkPBs
Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply. The problem I'm having is that the video quality is dramatically reduced once put into the project. The origional raw file is excellent and HD, but once I put it into the project and then produce, it is dramatically less crisp. I have an excellent video card an ATI 5770 and that shouldn't matter anyways if in the raw file preview it's crisp but in the project preview it's dull. It's obviously the application doing something when taking the files and making a project out of them. The file types of mp4 or quicktime playable files so i can open them with quicktime(excellent quality) but not with windows media player. I want to be able to make a movie while still keeping the same quality. Something in powerdirector is changing the quality and I can't figure it out. Please help me,,
When I preview my captured videos the quality is excellent. My camcorder is HD. But once I drag them into the project they are signifacantly downgraded in quality. Why is this? It feels like I bought a HD camera for nothing, if PowerDirector changes the quality of my video clips before I even produce them. Is there a setting somewhere to stop this?
I preview my captured videos and it is super crisp. If i preview them once they are dragged into the project they are no longer crisp but poor in quality. What is this??
Go to: