Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Media Center Extender. Linksys DMA-2200, XBox 360, etc.
If it were me, I would rip your shows back to mpg format. If they're just recorded TV shows, the menu structure is not really that important. I've done this with ALL of my DVD's as trying to mount ISO's over a network just isn't worth the hassle (and doesn't work with extenders anyway). Use a program like Magic DVD Ripper to get your titles back in mpg format and then set those up in a folder structure that Media Browser likes (once you use MB, you'll wonder what you ever did without it!) and you're good to go.

I have 3TB of TV and movies done like this and my wife LOVES it!
Hi there!

It's actually pretty simple (at least in terms of describing what happened to my machine).

When I installed Power DVD 10, when going to play a video file from my extender, I get a blue screen that says:APPLICATION FAILURE A critical Windows Media Center process has failed. I did a system restore to just before installing PowerDVD and functionality has returned.

Simply installing this software renders my extenders incapable of playing video files (specifically XviD .avi's, but possibly others). Obviously I immediately uninstalled the software. I'd be happy to give you further information that doesn't involve reinstalling the software (I want to be able to us my machine!)

Thanks!

Ron
It's just that simple. I install PDVD10, and my entire library of videos (3TB worth) is no longer playable on my extender. I get an "application critical failure" or something like that.

This is with a FRESH installation of Windows 7. Wierd!

Guess it's back to TMT3.

Too bad I just paid $50 for this upgrade that didn't work.
Go to: