Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD 10 causes my extender to no longer play XviD files.
RONALD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 21, 2010 22:27 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
It's just that simple. I install PDVD10, and my entire library of videos (3TB worth) is no longer playable on my extender. I get an "application critical failure" or something like that.

This is with a FRESH installation of Windows 7. Wierd!

Guess it's back to TMT3.

Too bad I just paid $50 for this upgrade that didn't work.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ronald,

can you work out a little bit more?

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
RONALD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi there!

It's actually pretty simple (at least in terms of describing what happened to my machine).

When I installed Power DVD 10, when going to play a video file from my extender, I get a blue screen that says:APPLICATION FAILURE A critical Windows Media Center process has failed. I did a system restore to just before installing PowerDVD and functionality has returned.

Simply installing this software renders my extenders incapable of playing video files (specifically XviD .avi's, but possibly others). Obviously I immediately uninstalled the software. I'd be happy to give you further information that doesn't involve reinstalling the software (I want to be able to us my machine!)

Thanks!

Ron
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ronald,

sorry still not get all the info - can you let me know what "Extender" is?

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
RONALD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Media Center Extender. Linksys DMA-2200, XBox 360, etc.
[Post New]
Hi Ronald,
ok - now I better understand.

what module do you try to access via the xtender - the MCE video module? And after access this the MCE extender is crashing - this only happens with PDVD installed?

Please also update some minimum info:
- used OS
- used PDVD version (full build info)
- best would be to post a DXDIAG log here as attachment,

BR
Michael
Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan