Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Shannon- I make a new folder on the desktop and lable it "new project" or whatever.
I then open up the everio by doing the "my computer/whatever the USB port is" (J on mine)
double click the SD-Video and it shows the little clips. the numbering system is wierd (IMO) but that is explained in the JVC manual
I then click on the vid I want, and drag it to the new desktop folder and drop it/them there. Put all the stuff you want to edit in here!
open power director so you can see the timeline thing
on the top left area is a small black file folder deal click it. it has a choice of files or the entire folder.
you can select the whole (new) folder, and it asks "do you want to merge with the existing library?" (or something close to that) YES.
Then you will see tiny snippets of your vid in the box area. click and drag them to the timeline, and enjoy editing.
BE SURE TO SAVE as you are editing, when your comp locks, you will be sad!(top left tab, file, save)

Hope this helps!
Frustrated, tired, and mad
Once again I failed to complete a project that actually works. This was for my daughters school project.
I could live to be 100 years old and not care less about "dolby digital"
The dolby prevents the .mods to be renamed as .avi or .mpgs AND transfer the sound with them.
1)Is there a way to disable the "dolby"?
2) what is the fastest, cleanest,easiest way to convert these blasted .mod files to something workable like MPG or avi? (throughput trumps quality)

I have the "boxed" ultra-lite (whatever) version of PD It works, and is not too bad.
Getting my completed version to actually, mechanically burn to a disc is utter failure. a few months ago I was successful, so it probably is not the comp or burner. I use "End it all" before I start PD. (nothing else running)do my project ,and try to burn it via PP. best it has done is 92% and the whole thing lays down.
I have studio 9 (for my previous camera) but it does not know what a .mod is, and sucks to convert so many things before you can actually do some editing.
3) can someone suggest a program that REALLY burns DVD's? I mean even if I have "muck" in a file it will burn as I command?
4) the home addy of the person that convinced JVC that a stupid format such as .mod was a good idea?

Thanks
Go to: