Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
best way to convert .mod ot mpg or mpeg2
andy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 12, 2006 00:54 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Frustrated, tired, and mad
Once again I failed to complete a project that actually works. This was for my daughters school project.
I could live to be 100 years old and not care less about "dolby digital"
The dolby prevents the .mods to be renamed as .avi or .mpgs AND transfer the sound with them.
1)Is there a way to disable the "dolby"?
2) what is the fastest, cleanest,easiest way to convert these blasted .mod files to something workable like MPG or avi? (throughput trumps quality)

I have the "boxed" ultra-lite (whatever) version of PD It works, and is not too bad.
Getting my completed version to actually, mechanically burn to a disc is utter failure. a few months ago I was successful, so it probably is not the comp or burner. I use "End it all" before I start PD. (nothing else running)do my project ,and try to burn it via PP. best it has done is 92% and the whole thing lays down.
I have studio 9 (for my previous camera) but it does not know what a .mod is, and sucks to convert so many things before you can actually do some editing.
3) can someone suggest a program that REALLY burns DVD's? I mean even if I have "muck" in a file it will burn as I command?
4) the home addy of the person that convinced JVC that a stupid format such as .mod was a good idea?

Thanks
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
When you have finished creating your video, click Produce, then select the 'Create A File' button, you should then have the option of selecting AVI or MPEG

Hope that works for you

Regards
Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
st-clares [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 27, 2006 17:54 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
I see you are having problems with Dolby Digital files shot on an Everio camera, the only version of PowerDirector that can edit them is Version 6.

As regards changing the file extension from MOD to MPG, this is not necessary if you are using PowerDirector. John