Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: Keep us posted... I think this will get quite interesting...

They finally came through. I was just sent a link to an upgrade installer and new key, but won't be able to test installation until this evening. Although it took a while, I'm happy with the result.
No response to my ticket so far. If I don't hear anything by early next week I'm going to demand a refund. I'm beyond tired of dealing with this company.
Ok, got another response today. They removed the original answer that offered the 50% discount and put this in its place:

"Dear Rick,

Thank you for writing back.

I understand your concern Free Upgrade to PowerDVD 12.

This is to inform you that we have escalated your concern with details to our Product & Development team for further analysis.

We will get back to you <snipped incident number> as soon as we get updates about your case.

I would appreciate your patience and understanding regarding the same.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/support-login.jsp

Thanks and Regards,

Sorokhaibam
CyberLink Technical Support"

Fingers crossed that this gets straightened out soon.
And yet another example of the underwhelming support from Cyberlink. After over a week of waiting, I finally get this reply:

"Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand your concern related with upgrade to PowerDVD 12 software.

Considering you a valuable customer of CyberLink, I would like to offer a 50% discount coupon to you, so as to upgrade to PowerDVD 12 version software from your current version.

Please find the Coupon code as provided below, which you can enter at the time of purchase of the upgrade to avail the 50% discount."

Wow.

I bought version 11 the software on January 5th. I had to wait to get a working copy of it until the 13th.

26 days after my initial purchase they release version 12 and the best they'll offer is 50% off . . .
I submitted a request for the free upgrade on February 7th. Other than a cursory "we're checking this" I haven't received a reply.

It was well within the 30 day window of the purchase of 11, so you'd think this would be a relatively simple request . . .
Yes, support got back with me with a working installer.
Unbelievable.

After three days, I finally get a response from technical support. . .

. . . requesting a screenshot of the error, which had already been typed into the original ticket.

So, I took a screenshot and attached it to the ticket as requested. Now, it's been another three days without a word from them after doing that. This honestly is probably the worst experience I've ever had with customer support from any company.

WinDVD is looking awfully tempting right now . . .
I originally had PowerDVD 8 and purchased an upgrade to version 10 about a year ago, it's been working fine ever since then.

This week, I bought the upgrade to version 11. I downloaded the installer, copied the key from my receipt email and ran the upgrade installation.

It started off by uninstalling the existing copy of PowerDVD 10, which is exactly what I expected, but then the installer just quit. No error. No crash. It just disappeared.

Of course, now with version 10 no longer on the system, the installer won't run. Just gives the error that the previous version has to be installed for it to work.

To reinstall now, I have to dig out my old version 8 disc. Wait for it to install PowerDVD (and all of the OEM things that I never use that came bundled with it). Activate it. Install version 10. Activate it. Install version 11. Activate it. Then remove the extraneous programs (PowerDirector, etc.) And that's *IF* the same bug doesn't happen again and I have to start all over. This is one of the perfect examples of when anti-piracy measures inconvenience paying customers far more than it does someone getting the software illegally.

Even a Windows 7 upgrade version gives you a workaround to install on a system that doesn't have the older version on it any more.

I sent a request to tech support a couple of days ago to see if there's anything they can do to help, but nothing so far.
Go to: