Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Well Done Kevin for finding that solution. I was keen not to have to convert because i have alot of footage. May ultimately have to yet however.

Cheers
Thanks for trying everyone. I might try and get my friend to send the the video in a different format. Grrr
try this
these are all files off a data disk. They were recorded from a camera and downloaded via Final Cut Pro from a friend
Thanks Tony,

I've installed them but have still had no luck unfortunately. I have imported the video from dvd made through Final Cut Pro. The are .MOV files. Im wondering weather FCP does something to thwe files which needs a special codec?
UPDATE:

Can I install a mac Final Cut PRo codec in Windows 7..IF so where? I found this forum which explains my problem and a solution but I don't know where to put the codec now ive got it.

Yes, it is true that the HDV codec, and others, only come with FinalCutPro. However, if you know someone that has FCP, the codec is is only one file and can be easily copied over without having to install the entire FCP application on your machine.

The codecs are located on your Mac in the /Library/Quicktime folder. The HDV codec is called 'AppleHDVCodec.component'. If you can find someone that has it (or I’m sure it is floating around the internet somewhere) you just need to drop it into that folder and your HDV encoded files that once only played audio will play just fine.

After figuring this out today, we tested it on a Mac without FCP and it worked like
a champ.

Love to have it working for me!

Does anyone know how I might be able to view and edit Hi DEF Quicktime movie in PD8 and Win 7 64bit.
The file imports OK, I can hear it but I only get white where the vidoe should be. It happens outside PD too? I need help
Hi Michael,

Just upgraded the latest PowerDVD9 and now the program doesnt open at all.

Tried the defaul setting before i upgraded but it only lets me choose the default subtitle language not whether i want it to start with subtitles or not.

still working on it.
Thanks Michael,

PDVD Version 9.0.1719.0
SR Number DVD090526-01
Thanks michael,

PowerDVD is set to bluray region B (country code is user defined for Australia)

Im using windows 7 64 bit.

The disk language is English (region 4 dvd usually, sometimes I'll play a region 1 DVD and the occasional region b bluray)

cheers
any thoughts?
How do i change the default settings in powerDVD 9 to stop subtitles coming on automatically. Every time a play a DVD I have to turn the subtitles off. Its getting annoying javascript:emoticon('');
Go to: