Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Please read my last post in the topic tonight:
Power Director 8 and Media Express 5.5 don't except .m2t file imports Why?

I have finally got it to run right on Win 7 64bit, but it has some things you need to do first. Support gave me the fix.

Mike Perry
Update with the help of support I got PD8 to import and process as desired minus upscaling from 720x480 to 1920x1080. The option with Sony so far does a better job, then reimport back into PD8 and watch it fly in the rendering. I have got the new Nvidia GT 470 and WoW what a difference in the rendering.

To all thanks, my cure was in the install please check what I got from support :

Please follow the steps given below:

1. Increase Virtual memory :

1. Right click on "MyComputer"
2. Select Properties -> Advance
3. Click on "settings" under Performance.
4. Select "Advance"
5. Click on "change" under Virtual memory.
6. Select "Custom" and enter initial value as "2048" and Max value as "4096".

NOTE: If your existing settings are higher than recommended then leave them as before.

2. Empty the contents of the: \Windows\temp folder and C:\temp folder, if you have one. Then empty Recycle Bin.

3. Upgrade DirectX to 9.0c.

3. Try to work on a project. If the issue still persists then uninstall and reinstall PowerDirector.

4. Update VGA driver and sound card drivers. Contact your computer manufacturer to update the drivers.

5. To avoid any compatibility issues, please close all other software and utility applications including virus scans, screen saver and instant messaging software before you launch.

Mentioned below are the Re-Installation steps:

(1) Remove all other unnecessary DVD/CD burning software.

(2) Please uninstall PowerDirector (by following steps)

(a) Start --> Programs --> PowerDirector--> Uninstall PowerDirector

(b) Start --> Run (Type "regedit") --> HKEY_Current_User --> Software --> Cyberlink --> PowerDirector(Delete the folder)

(c) Start --> Run (Type "regedit") --> HKEY_Local_Machine --> Software --> Cyberlink -->PowerDirector(delete the folder)

Restart the system.

Now, re-install PowerDirector software.

If issue persists then please Start Windows in Selective Startup mode.

a. Click on Start.
b. Click on Run.
c. Type msconfig and click on OK.
d. A System Configuration Utility window will come up.
e. On General tab, select Selective Startup.
f. Uncheck "Load Startup Items".
g. Click on Apply.
h. Click on OK.
i. Click on Close.
j. It will ask you to restart your computer. Click on "Restart".
The original project was a 4:3. I tried before to import that into PD8 and it would not make a clean crop with a full view of a frame in a 16:9 format with any combination of changes I could do. I'm doing another try at re-loading the software to see if it will work. I have done this over 4 times now, and it is just getting really old. When I clean my computer of old traces of PD7 and 8 and clean the registry according to instructions from support I'll repost with results again. I just want this to work again like PD7 did. I must admit that I'm spoiled from the way Sony does there pan/crop, but they won't use CUDA to render, thus my push for PD8 to work so I don't have to use 2 programs to get what I want.
Thanks for your ideas.

Mike
Okay, I'll try. When using PD8 it locks the aspect ratio so that you can't independently move each side of where the crop line is see attachment. When you use the crop in PD8 it will zoom in rather than let you change and fit the edges after a aspect ratio change from 4:3 to 16:9. I have done this with Sony software for about 4 years without any problems and have had great results. If necesary I'll record a real pan/crop for you and send it to your email. In the attachment it is showing just the Right/Left edges moved to meet the edge for the 1920x1080 from a 720x480. Hope that helps. You can also see it for yourself with Sony site. I'm not trying to put PD8 down, I'm just trying to get my import working like it used to and make it work the way it did. The only other problem was the not rendering more than 20 min. once imported in PD7.

Mike
Power Director 8 and Media Express 5.5 don't except .m2t file imports Why?

Is my post below yours.

Mike

Update, I finally got PD8 working again, but you must do some work to do it right. I'm posting what support said to do. I must support their plan do load the program as such:

Please follow the steps given below:

1. Increase Virtual memory :

1. Right click on "MyComputer"
2. Select Properties -> Advance
3. Click on "settings" under Performance.
4. Select "Advance"
5. Click on "change" under Virtual memory.
6. Select "Custom" and enter initial value as "2048" and Max value as "4096".

NOTE: If your existing settings are higher than recommended then leave them as before.

2. Empty the contents of the: \Windows\temp folder and C:\temp folder, if you have one. Then empty Recycle Bin.

3. Upgrade DirectX to 9.0c.

3. Try to work on a project. If the issue still persists then uninstall and reinstall PowerDirector.

4. Update VGA driver and sound card drivers. Contact your computer manufacturer to update the drivers.

5. To avoid any compatibility issues, please close all other software and utility applications including virus scans, screen saver and instant messaging software before you launch.

Mentioned below are the Re-Installation steps:

(1) Remove all other unnecessary DVD/CD burning software.

(2) Please uninstall PowerDirector (by following steps)

(a) Start --> Programs --> PowerDirector--> Uninstall PowerDirector

(b) Start --> Run (Type "regedit") --> HKEY_Current_User --> Software --> Cyberlink --> PowerDirector(Delete the folder)

(c) Start --> Run (Type "regedit") --> HKEY_Local_Machine --> Software --> Cyberlink -->PowerDirector(delete the folder)

Restart the system.

Now, re-install PowerDirector software.

If issue persists then please Start Windows in Selective Startup mode.

a. Click on Start.
b. Click on Run.
c. Type msconfig and click on OK.
d. A System Configuration Utility window will come up.
e. On General tab, select Selective Startup.
f. Uncheck "Load Startup Items".
g. Click on Apply.
h. Click on OK.
i. Click on Close.
j. It will ask you to restart your computer. Click on "Restart".

This made my program finally work.

Mike
Sorry, for not catching the camera question. I'm not using a camera.
I'm importing HD content in 4:3 format, then using the Sony software to reformate as the PD8 won't independently move the pan/crop view with aspect ration turned off. Thus, my use of Sony for that reformat.
The funny thing is when I went back to my PD7 it worked just fine, with the exception that it would only render about 20 min. of 2hr movie.
So, I'm really stuck. I don't use a 32bit OS, as stated in my first post.

Mike
Please try the attached file I gave in my post. I'm using Main Concept codec that is in Sony Vegas 9d and I want you to tell me if you can import it to timeline. Thanks. The attached file is a straight codec not modified from the Sony formats to render in HD.
Mike
I'm not interested in Canon codec file of the same nature, as Sony is what I'm working with, so want to compare apples to apples.
I see that you had the same problem with my file. It works on all my other pd 7 so why not pd8. I won't use another conversion that defeats my purpose. I can already use my Sony direct to AVCHD 1080 just wanted to save a ton to redenering. Thanks for your help.

Mike
No it does it for you. But read my post first if you work with different formats like .m2t and want to convert to AVCHD 1920x1080. It is a game changer.

Mike
Hi
The pan and crop are not working like they would in software like Sony Vegas 9. I have made a wish to Cyberlink to fix this so that one can independently move the crop/pan lines. I do this mainly for taking SD content in 720x480 format and changing the size of the frame from .9 to HDV 1.33 in properties and then re-rendering the whole project in HDV. It would make PD *+ a complete package to achieve this task that is problably wished for a long time. What Cyberlink is doing is maintaining the aspect ratio and when you do a resize. The problem with Cyberlink at this point is the locking of the ratio and not being able to change the frame size. Once they do this then Cyberlink will truely be the one package for my limited use of converting my SD to HD content and make it look really good. I hope this might give you some ideas about how to do real pan/crops.

Mike
Hi all
I have been around here for years, and for the most part the software here has been pretty good, but this issue isn't going away. Problem, I have with Power Director 7 all builds been able to importing this file format, now in PD 8 with all updates or not, and Media Expresso 5.5 it now won't take this file format. I use Sony Vegas Pro 9.0 d to resize my movie files because PD of any sort don't yet have a real resize routine like Sony does. So, after the resize I render it in a .m2t Main Concept which is native to Sony Vegas 9 d and lower updates and is a HDV 1080 24p or 50i or 60i. From there I run it thru Power Director 7 and re-render in AVCHD 1920x1080 and it then is done in less than an hour with my Nvidia GT 470 with all those cuda's working overtime. If I did the render directly in Sony Vegas 9 it would take over 7 hours of rendering with overclock to do the same job. So, now that PD 8 won't I had to go backwards to get the same job done. I also, use Win 7 64bit with 8 gig ddr 3 1600 with Intel i7 860 for equip. To top it off though, in PD 7 it won't render more than 20min of AVCHD, so now what do we do?
My question is has anyone else had the same problem. I have a file attached to prove my point.
Go to: