Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Pan/Zoom Video?
Chris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2009 18:03 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I searched the forum and read through PD8 specs, but couldn't find anything specific in regards to PD8 supporting pan/zooming of video footage. I mean really support it. Not create a video that is zooming, then import that video as a PiP as you had to do in PD7.

If so, are there any tuts on it?

Thanks.
CH

Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Chris,

This may help.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lsn369hlk8&feature=related Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
MICHAEL JON [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 06, 2010 17:43 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
The pan and crop are not working like they would in software like Sony Vegas 9. I have made a wish to Cyberlink to fix this so that one can independently move the crop/pan lines. I do this mainly for taking SD content in 720x480 format and changing the size of the frame from .9 to HDV 1.33 in properties and then re-rendering the whole project in HDV. It would make PD *+ a complete package to achieve this task that is problably wished for a long time. What Cyberlink is doing is maintaining the aspect ratio and when you do a resize. The problem with Cyberlink at this point is the locking of the ratio and not being able to change the frame size. Once they do this then Cyberlink will truely be the one package for my limited use of converting my SD to HD content and make it look really good. I hope this might give you some ideas about how to do real pan/crops.

Mike
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe I'm not quite getting what you want - I judge that you, in effect, need to have full manual control of the frame area and then control the frame area size and position to allow you to manually adjust the portions of SD video you require to then produce an HD output - customised upscaling I suppose?

Using the PiP tracks with Maintain AR switched off allows extensive re-positioning, oversizing and, in effect, cropping/zooming of content. Would that not do what you require?

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Mike,
I agree with Adrian's analysis - have you tried his suggestion?

Dafydd
[Moderator]