Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Program crashes my entire PC
Majora [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 14, 2022 17:40 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
So most of the program works great, but when I use content aware removal, my whole PC crashes.

When i use content aware removal, my entire PC crashes and shuts off. Content aware clone, and move object work fine.
Very frustrating to fix since my pc crashes every time.
i have 2080ti 30gb ram 9900k

I suspect i had a bad corrupted earlier install, and registry error somehow. I dont know how to remove the registry files or what i should do to fix this.

Im using the 40 dollar subscription one. the 365 one.

it also crashes when i use the AI face replacer the anime one (crashes the entire pc)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Oct 17. 2022 02:56

Majora [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 14, 2022 17:40 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So most of the program works great, but when I use content aware removal, my whole PC crashes.

When i use content aware removal, my entire PC crashes and shuts off. Content aware clone, and move object work fine.
Very frustrating to fix since my pc crashes every time.
i have 2080ti 30gb ram 9900k

I suspect i had a bad corrupted earlier install, and registry error somehow. I dont know how to remove the registry files or what i should do to fix this.

Im using the 40 dollar subscription one. the 365 one.

it also crashes when i use the AI face replacer the anime one (crashes the entire pc)

I tried reinstalling with administrator and didnt work., and still crashes in safe mode. I ran CC cleaner and then reinstalled and still crashed again. I am at a loss as to what is causing the crash. Crashed my pc so many times trying to fix.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 17. 2022 03:17

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That's a serious issue. You'll probably have to contact CL tech support for assistance, but in the meantime follow all the steps in this post to see if you can get things working.

Please use this link for the latest nVidia driver rather then the 2-year-old link in the other post.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 17. 2022 13:39

QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Mine worked fine on the AI features you've mentioned in photodirector, and it seems no other users here encountered the same problem as you are having now.

IMO, the AI features operate your CPU and GPU to do the image processing, and if the processing caused that the Windows OS crashed at some unknown point, it is probably some of your hardware drivers or OS components did not function properly on the PC so whenever a software try to run AI processing by utilizing your CPU/GPU, the OS crashes down.

Try to find a IT service provider to diagnose your PC from OS perspective might be a faster way to seek solutions instead of just heading to cyberlink.

If a program occurred some issues, it might crash itself down but normally it won't shut down the PC or crash the entire OS directly.
If the symptom does happen, the root cause is usually not the software you used, but some other problems existing on your PC.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 17. 2022 23:15