Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD19 AVI File Issue
masterdrago [Avatar]
Newbie Location: SE Texas Joined: Mar 12, 2019 20:55 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Using PD19 19.7.3115.1 (64) on Win7Pro64

I make movies using the free software called AstroGrav in the AVI format

When I try to open this video: https://vimeo.com/719858366 to edit it in CyberLink 19, I get this message: "An error occured while opening this media file in the media library. It may be because the file is broken, an unsupported format,protected video content, or for another reason. Try contacting your video provider for a different video format. C:\Drake Data\dance of the planets (JPEG 2fps) sidial day.avi". I get the same message if I use VideoProc to convert it to an MP4.

It will open in PotPlayer or VLC. One workaround I have found is that if I create the video in AstroGrav using the QuickTime format instead of AVI, it will open and edit in PD19.

There is no audio in that video. Here is the MediaInfo on that video:
General
Complete name : C:\Drake Data\dance of the planets (JPEG 2fps) siderial day.avi
Format : AVI
Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
File size : 7.05 MiB
Duration : 11 s 25 ms
Overall bit rate : 5 367 kb/s
Video
ID : 0
Format : jpeg
Codec ID : jpeg
Bit rate : 5 367 kb/s
Width : 1 408 pixels
Height : 882 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:10
Frame rate : 1.905 FPS
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 2.269
Stream size : 7.05 MiB (100%)

What information might I pass to the author of AstroGrav about his movie creation tool?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Using PD19 19.7.3115.1 (64) on Win7Pro64

I make movies using the free software called AstroGrav in the AVI format

When I try to open this video: https://vimeo.com/719858366 to edit it in CyberLink 19, I get this message: "An error occured while opening this media file in the media library. It may be because the file is broken, an unsupported format,protected video content, or for another reason. Try contacting your video provider for a different video format. C:\Drake Data\dance of the planets (JPEG 2fps) sidial day.avi". I get the same message if I use VideoProc to convert it to an MP4.

It will open in PotPlayer or VLC. One workaround I have found is that if I create the video in AstroGrav using the QuickTime format instead of AVI, it will open and edit in PD19.

There is no audio in that video. Here is the MediaInfo on that video:
General
Complete name : C:\Drake Data\dance of the planets (JPEG 2fps) siderial day.avi
Format : AVI
Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
File size : 7.05 MiB
Overall bit rate : 5 367 kb/s
Video
ID : 0
Format : jpeg
Codec ID : jpeg
Bit rate : 5 367 kb/s
Width : 1 408 pixels
Height : 882 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:10
Frame rate : 1.905 FPS
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 2.269
Stream size : 7.05 MiB (100%)

What information might I pass to the author of AstroGrav about his movie creation tool?

Same as was discussed here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/85672.page#post_box_354613 and the same solutions are required. I guess you could ask the author of AstroGrav to create yet another output format, maybe a standard H.264 in mp4 container perhaps, but it appears the suggestion in the linked thread of using QuickTime format from AstroGrav worked for you too, why not go that route?

Jeff
masterdrago [Avatar]
Newbie Location: SE Texas Joined: Mar 12, 2019 20:55 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]

Same as was discussed here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/85672.page#post_box_354613 and the same solutions are required. I guess you could ask the author of AstroGrav to create yet another output format, maybe a standard H.264 in mp4 container perhaps, but it appears the suggestion in the linked thread of using QuickTime format from AstroGrav worked for you too, why not go that route?

Jeff

I thought I had asked here previously but did not see it in a quick search. Thanks. In the future, when I want to edit one of the AstroGrav video files, I'll make sure to save it in the QuickTime/MOV format he makes available.