Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Latest update for Director Suite 365 Power Director hangs up at 99%
CathyMcK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 18, 2017 15:42 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I have been unable to complete update dated 4/29/2022. I download it and it hangs up at 99%.

I have updated the other components of director suite successfully.
The internet is operating as it should

I searched the forums and didn't come up with anything that I thought would help.

Thank you,
Cathy McKeever
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
My suggestion would be that you completely uninstall PD20 using the Windows installation screen. Just to be sure that it has completely gone, You can check the program files / cyberlink to check whether pd20 folder is not there anymore.
Then just to be safe, do a restart and then using the application manager, run install again.
CathyMcK [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote My suggestion would be that you completely uninstall PD20 using the Windows installation screen. Just to be sure that it has completely gone, You can check the program files / cyberlink to check whether pd20 folder is not there anymore.
Then just to be safe, do a restart and then using the application manager, run install again.

Thank you for your suggestion. I'd thought about it, but wondered if there were a different option. I've followed your directions, and Powerdirector has downloaded appropriately.

HOWEVER, I'm adding the Content Pack Essentials and I now have the first one stuck at 99%. This is new. Again, no issues with internet connectivity.

Now what do I do?

Thank you,
Cathy McK

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 26. 2022 16:54

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Based on the symptoms it's possible that there are some issues with Windows or possibly with your user account. First, try the two commands as described in this post and see if that changes anything.

If not, you may want to try to repair your current Windows user account as described here. In most cases that will actually mean creating a new user account and copying the existing account details to the new one.

Please let us know if any of them resolve your issues.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 26. 2022 17:26

CathyMcK [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Based on the symptoms it's possible that there are some issues with Windows or possibly with your user account. First, try the two commands as described in this post and see if that changes anything.

If not, you may want to try to repair your current Windows user account as described here. In most cases that will actually mean creating a new user account and copying the existing account details to the new one.

Please let us know if any of them resolve your issues.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 2nd link you provided didn't work.

I followed the 2 commands in the first post. It took me a while to log in as administrator. I haven't done that before and now have to set up many things all over again.

I'm still stuck at 99% on the Content Pack Essential.

Can you resend the link for repairing the current Windows user account?

I do not know how to uninstall the patch. Can you send me to a page that explains how to do that?

Thank you very much.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You can open the command window in the first post as an adminstraror without creating an Admin account or logging in as an Administrator. I'm sorry the directions weren't more clear on that.

I don't why you can't access the second link. It's simply a Microsoft support page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile-in-windows-1cf41c18-7ce3-12f9-8e1d-95896661c5c9 I tried the link in two different browsers, and while it opened right away in Edge it did take 15 seconds or so to open in Opera.

You can also search the internet for "Fix Windows user account" and you'll find many similar articles.

Unfortunately there is no way to uninstall the latest patch on the subscription version. You can contact CL tech support directly from this page, and they may be able to solve the current issue or provide you with a link to restore the previous version.

You may want to include a link to this forum discussion so they can see what you've already tried, but you should be prepared to answer some boilerplate questions first. Be sure to include the DxDiag test results in your support request as described in the Read Me Before Posting guide.
AndrewRH
Newbie Location: Whitchurch, Hampshire, UK Joined: Feb 19, 2016 17:23 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Now having same problem: latest version of Cyberlink Application Manager stops downloading the "PowerDirector Content Pack Essential" at 99%.

I have tried without success to hit the 'x', closed the application manager, relaunching it, then refreshing the content pack.

The download jumps back to about 75% and progresses again to 99% where it once again stops.

Has anyone found a way to get over this issue with Cyberlink Application Manager?
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
For the installation of software and packages, the Application manager uses a Temp folder in the appdata, local folder of the user. Usually an .EXE file is stored there, executed (for installation) and then the exe file is deleted. I have seen that if something is wrong with users settings, policy settings, access rights to the given folder structure, this MAY have influence on how the process is progressing and being ended. In a normal and regular windows installation, especially when the Cyberlink software has successfully been installed and upgraded through the application manager, everything should work. If not as in your case, then the repair options, as given by Optodata above, may do the trick. Otherwise it would also help to completely uninstall the Application Manager and install it again. If that does not help, and the above repairs do not help, then the communication with support is your option. You may also want to share version information with us here, and include the DXDiag.txt file. And... see what is happening in the temp folder during the downloading and let us know.

(You have used this topic here in version 20, whereas you probably have version 21 as part of the 365 subscription? Maybe use the version 21 forum entry so that more people might notice and help?)