Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD17 - Disable Checking of Nvidia Driver Version ??
[Post New]
I am having an issue where the program refuses to output a file because of an error stating, "Production unsuccessful. Please ensure your graphics card driver is up-to-date, and update to the latest version of Windows Media Plater. You can also try to output the production in a different video format."

My Microsoft Windows 10 version, Nvidia Graphics Card Driver, and my Windows Media Player version are all up to the most recent date...

I am not new to the software, but I also do not venture into settings without a need. I know the basics about audio rates and bitrates, that's about it... So, I am simply asking - Is there a way to disable the checking of Nvidia driver version and windows media player version? To me it seems rediculous that a standalone program would have to lean on a crutch of these 2 programs before even attempting to output a usable file... Usually when you purchase a program, that program can do its job on it's own... I don't see Photoshop asking for you to update MS Paint or asking for the latest nvidia driver to output its own created file. Even when I disable the "Fast Video Rendering Technology", it refuses to output any file.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 24. 2022 19:26

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
More than likely this: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/47025.page#post_box_244166

Or you have some bad specifiers in your custom profile.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 24. 2022 19:39

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
"Even when I disable the "Fast Video Rendering Technology", it refuses to output any file."

You do have the latest nvidia driver. PD17 is 3 years old. Is this a new installation of PD17 or has it worked properly for 3 years until recently? If this is a new installation then there will not be any nvidia hardware encoding until it is patched to the latest version. Click the word PowerDirector on the top right of the Edit screen and a popup window shows your installed version. Let us know what it is…

EDIT: Jeff answered first. Your saying that cpu rendering don't work either when fvrt is not checked so there may be other issues. Try unchecking the checkboxes in Preferences/Hardware accelleration.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 24. 2022 20:08

[Post New]
Quote PD17 is 3 years old. Is this a new installation of PD17 or has it worked properly for 3 years until recently? If this is a new installation then there will not be any nvidia hardware encoding until it is patched to the latest version. Click the word PowerDirector on the top right of the Edit screen and a popup window shows your installed version. Let us know what it is…

It's PD17 version 17.0.5003.0

Quote Try unchecking the checkboxes in Preferences/Hardware accelleration.

I have tried that, and it did not improve the results.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 25. 2022 22:35

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Have you tried using the suggested settings from the Profile Analyzer on the Produce page?
[Post New]
Quote Have you tried using the suggested settings from the Profile Analyzer on the Produce page?

Yes, I have, and that is exactly what is bringing us here today. I have constantly had issues with it producing videos when I use the Profile Analyzer. Never with the pre-sets.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That's happened for me at times too, and like JL_JL mentioned earlier, it's usually a bitrate or other profile setting issue.

Can you upload a short sample clip so other people can test it out? Use the Attachments button below the forum's text box, or upload it to OneDrive or Google Drive and post a publicly shareable link here. See this FAQ for more details.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 25. 2022 23:51