Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
AI Echo Reduction vs NVIDA Broadcast Optimization
SteveG45 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 28, 2011 11:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I'm trying to optimize some audio recorded in an echoy room and need thoughts/advice. I have A-B'd PD's AI vs the Broadcast integration and wondering other's experience.

1) What do you find works better? I almost think that PD's is, and I'm surprised.

2) Is there any way to optimize or adjust how much removal NVIDIA's applies? I think you can adjust it via native Broadcast, but it seems there is no way to either adjust it or preview it, which is quite frustrating.

Thanks in advance!
killertomato [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 28, 2018 22:23 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

I'm trying to optimize some audio recorded in an echoy room and need thoughts/advice. I have A-B'd PD's AI vs the Broadcast integration and wondering other's experience.

1) What do you find works better? I almost think that PD's is, and I'm surprised.

2) Is there any way to optimize or adjust how much removal NVIDIA's applies? I think you can adjust it via native Broadcast, but it seems there is no way to either adjust it or preview it, which is quite frustrating.

Thanks in advance!
\

I just played around with this (using a dual mic recording that has some echo) and I think you're right!
The Nvidia implementation is not quite as good, and the amount of control given over the settings is rather crude. I can't find any way to optimize or adjust much inside PD itself. Seems like they just slapped this feature on without much thought or care.

I'm having issues with the Nvidia video denoiser, since I'm assuming you have an RTX 2xxx/3xxxx card does this also happen to you?
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/96465.page

I was excited for these features but they seem half-baked
SteveG45 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 28, 2011 11:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
\

I just played around with this (using a dual mic recording that has some echo) and I think you're right!
The Nvidia implementation is not quite as good, and the amount of control given over the settings is rather crude. I can't find any way to optimize or adjust much inside PD itself. Seems like they just slapped this feature on without much thought or care.

I'm having issues with the Nvidia video denoiser, since I'm assuming you have an RTX 2xxx/3xxxx card does this also happen to you?
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/96465.page

I was excited for these features but they seem half-baked

Agree with the half-baked observation. Hopefully, they will mature over time. Also, I find it funny that the AI Noise & Echo reduction is now embedded in PD, but not included in the free version of AudioDirector. Seems like these should also be in AD.

I have a 3070, but have no experience with the video denoiser. Most of the stuff I do is filming of tours in New Bedford, MA. So, the filming is mostly outside or I have aux lighting.

Sorry and thanks!