Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Produce a Video Problem
Jeff Sibelius [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2018 20:12 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I put this on another thread, but I'll move it back to here.

I am unable to produce any files - when I try to produce the program closes and I get an error message saying PD has stopped working.

This happens on any project I try to produce. It's a new problem; I rendered a file on 12/9 with no problem.

I've tried the usual things - testing with different projects, changing to different render settings, rebooting the system.

As recommended I did update my Nvidia driver, to no avail.

Anyone have any thoughts? It's been working perfectly going back to PD17 even . . . the only things that have changed is the latest update on PD and the Nvidia update.

I'd appreciate any thoughts!
 Filename
diagnostics 211215.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
110 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
81 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 15. 2021 17:12

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Since you've made progress but the issue persists, please see the last two sentences in my post on the other thread for the best options now.
Jeff Sibelius [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Since you've made progress but the issue persists, please see the last two sentences in my post on the other thread for the best options now.

from the other post:
You can also try producing with both the Fast video rendering technology box on the Produce page and the Enable hardware decoding option unchecked from the Preferences | Hardware Acceleration menu. That would rule out any GPU/driver issues.

My original settings were Fast Video Rendering UNchecked and Enable Hardware Decoding Checked.

I swapped those - checked fast rendering and unchecked enable hardware decoding - and it worked! (albeit very slowly)

I then checked enable hardware decoding, and it worked again.

So apparently, the problem was with me having Fast Video Rendering unchecked.

Does that make sense?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure it makes sense but it sounds like you've managed to get things working again

Using hardware encoding while producing is usually much faster than using only the CPU, and enabling hardware decoding only makes a slight improvement,

In your case it seems like the PD wasn't responding properly for some reason but by toggling them on & off you've got them all working now. I'm sure glad the crashing has stopped!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 15. 2021 18:17

Jeff Sibelius [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I'm not sure it makes sense but it sounds like you've managed to get things working again

Using hardware encoding while producing is usually much faster than using only the CPU, and enabling hardware decoding only makes a slight improvement,

In your case it seems like the PD wasn't responding properly for some reason but by toggling them on & off you've got them all working now. I'm sure glad the crashing has stopped!

I'm not sure why it's behaving, but it is! I really appreciate your help.