Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Oops PD has Stopped working Message" When Producing Video PD20
RonnieRealtor [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 04, 2021 13:45 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
PD 20 stops working for any video I start to produce. Does not stop working during editing or any other time, only during "Produce". Not sure this has anything to do with it but this only started since the latest update. I get the "Oops Powerdirector has stopped working" message. I tried a very short video as a test and it does it not matter how long or complicated the video. I am running Windows 10 ver 20H2 on a PC I have used many, many times for video production. Any ideas?
Thanks for your help in advance! Ronnie

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 15. 2021 08:43

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide and attach the DxDiag test results so we can see the technical details of your computer.
RonnieRealtor [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for your advice. I believe the crash report below is what is needed? Attached as well.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
-<CrashInformation VERSION="6.0">
<ID Value="40DD8DCB-A2C4-400D-BDB9-DAD565341382"/>
<UUID Value="S-1-5-21-1547633040-2753557686-3725483483-1001-264BA5AB-2370-48B6-BB0D-7836966B6049"/>
<SR Value="VDE211111-03"/>
<ProductName Value="PowerDirector"/>
<AppName Value="PDR.exe"/>
<AppVersion Value="20.1.2407.0"/>
<VersionName Value="20.0"/>
<VersionType Value="Subscription"/>
<Is64BitOS Value="1"/>
<OSName Value="Windows 10 Home Build 19042"/>
<GDICount Value="1559"/>
<VMSize Value="41955 MB"/>
<RAMSize Value="16245 MB"/>
<VGAName Value="Intel(R) HD Graphics 530" DriverVersion="26.20.100.8142"/>
<VGAName Value="NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M" DriverVersion="26.21.14.4270"/>
<CPUName Value="Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz"/>
<ModName Value="CLAVCVc.dll"/>
<ModVersion Value="10.7.1.6923"/>
<ExceptionCode Value="0xC0000005"/>
<Offset Value="0x0000000000022311"/>
<SessionTime Value="228"/>
<MTBF Value="228"/>
<AbnormalTermCount Value="0"/>
<AppLanguage Value="ENU"/>
<ForceUpload Value="0"/>
<ProcessID Value="19256"/>
<ThreadID Value="12504"/>
</CrashInformation>
 Filename
CrashRpt.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
Crash Report from PD
 Filesize
85 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
85 time(s)
Jeff Sibelius [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2018 20:12 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I am experiencing the same problems this morning. I started another thread but will kill that one and stick with this thread.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 15. 2021 13:30

Jeff Sibelius [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm having the same problem as the original poster.

Let's try that again as an attachment.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
113 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
77 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm having the same problem as the original poster.

I'm pretty sure the two of you are having different issues and it's going to be difficult to mange to troubleshooting two issues in one thread

In your case, the DxDiag results show that all the crashes are caused by PDHanumanSvr while accessing the CLAVCVc.dll encoder library, which hints at a compatibility problem with your source clips.

Could you attach a short clip here so other people can examine it and test it on their systems? Also try installing the latest Studio Driver for your RTX 2070.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 15. 2021 13:52

optodata
[Post New]
Quote Thank you for your advice. I believe the crash report below is what is needed? Attached as well.

The DxDiag provides much more info and it would be very helpful if you could upload the results. From the crash report I can see that your video drivers are fairly recent and the faulting code is different from Jeff Sibelius.

You can try downloading and installing the same driver I linked to in the above post. You can check for new Intel drivers here.

It may also help if you shared a short sample clip to see if there might be any issues there.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 15. 2021 13:55

RonnieRealtor [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you. The error merssage gives me 2 options for a report. The crash report I sent prevoiusly and the other is called MiniDump.dmp and includes unicode and other computer symbols only. Where can I access the DxDiag file you are referring to?
RonnieRealtor [Avatar]
[Post New]
I think I found the DxDiag program are referring to. See attached.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag
 Filesize
101 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
102 time(s)
Jeff Sibelius [Avatar]
[Post New]

I'm pretty sure the two of you are having different issues and it's going to be difficult to mange to troubleshooting two issues in one thread

In your case, the DxDiag results show that all the crashes are caused by PDHanumanSvr while accessing the CLAVCVc.dll encoder library, which hints at a compatibility problem with your source clips.

Could you attach a short clip here so other people can examine it and test it on their systems? Also try installing the latest Studio Driver for your RTX 2070.

ok - I thought I might get fussed at for not searching before posting if I left my stuff on a separate thread LOL

I'll move mine back to my original thread.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote I think I found the DxDiag program are referring to. See attached.

Thanks very much for sharing this. As I mentioned earlier, your video drivers are about 18 months old and there are much newer versions available, Unfortunately, Dell makes it very hard to install the latest drivers from nVidia and Intel and instead will only allow the latest "Dell-certified" versions.

You do have the latest version of those installed, but it may help to visit the support page for your laptop and click on the Run Quick Test button on the Diagnostics tab as there are crashes of several other apps shown in the WER logs at the end of the DxDiag file.

Also, there's an urgent BIOS update among other items that can be installed from the Check for Updates button on the Drivers & Downloads tab.

If the crashing issue is still present after running diagnostics and applying the available updates, you should probably contact CL tech support here. It's certainly possible that a recent Win10 update has caused this issue and they're in the best position to help.

As requested precviously, sharing a short test clip here might help. You can also try producing with both the Fast video rendering technology box on the Produce page and the Enable hardware decoding option unchecked from the Preferences | Hardware Acceleration menu. That would rule out any GPU/driver issues.
RonnieRealtor [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank You for the detailed reply. Below are the steps I have taken since your last reply.

-Ran Dell Quick Test - no issues found
-Updated BIOS from Dell Site
-Updated NVIDIA drive from Dell site
-Tried to produce again and AND same "Ooops" result.. PowerDirector HAS STOPPED working MESSAGE.

I have attached a new/updated DXDiag report since the above changes.

After reflecting on this, there have been 2 updates since I noticed this problem. Never had this issue prior to the 2 updates below and have produced 30-40 videos prior to the below.

-Latest WIndows system update
-Latest PowerDirector20 release update.

Should I try to test this theory per below and if so how is the best way or should I simpoly let PD Technical work this?
-Is there a way to undo the latest PD 20 release update?
-Is there a way to undo the latest windows update?

Many, many thanks for sticking with me on this!!!
 Filename
DxDiag2.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag2
 Filesize
101 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
131 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
Unless you made a system image backup prior to the latest PD365 update there's no way to remove it. There hasn't been a PD20 update yet and the tech data you've shared show that you clearly have the 365 subscription version.

For Windows updates, you can try the method shown here. If that works please post back and report the issue to CL so that they're aware of the issue.

Jeff Sibelius went back to posting on his original thread and found that if he disabled Hardware encoding from the Preferences | Hardware Acceleration menu and then enabled Fast video rendering technology when he tried to produce, he didn't get a crash.

Turning them both back on then seemed to work and the problem seems to have gone away for him, so maybe try producing with each of those settings changed from their current state and see if that helps you out as well.
RonnieRealtor [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for the extra ideas. I have tried them all to no avail, including uninstalling a recent Windows update. I am in contact with PD Tech Support and will let you know the result.
Many Thanks again for all youir assistance!
RonnieRealtor [Avatar]
[Post New]
Contacted customer support and they directed me to the intel site to check for driver updates and then try a stock skateboard video sample to produce. The Intel site said I was up to date. The sample skateboard video produced with no issues. I then went back to produce my GoPro video and it produced with no issues. The only setting I ended up changing was clicking the "Intel Quick Sync" option on the produce page rather than the SVRT, under the fast video rensdering technology section.

I wish I could tell you what actually fixed this issue but I am not sure to be honest.

Many Thanks for your assistance!!! Ronnie

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 17. 2021 09:21