Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector not loading
Barms3011 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2020 16:54 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have just installed Windows 11. Since then I have not been able to open PowerDirector 365. Other Cyberlink programs open without any issues. Can anyone help me fix this problem?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Please see if this discussion helps.
Barms3011 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Please see if this discussion helps.

Hi, No it didn't resolve the issue.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You may want to open a ticket directly with CL tech support. They can be reached here.
Barms3011 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You may want to open a ticket directly with CL tech support. They can be reached here.

I have sent a message accordingly. Thank you. Really need to try and get powerdirector up and running tomorrow morning otherwise I'm f@^%k
optodata
[Post New]
While you're waiting for a response, you may want to try these commands to see how well Windows is doing. You can also search online for ways to check and repair your Windows user account as sometimes that can become corrupted and lead to problems like this.
Barms3011 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote While you're waiting for a response, you may want to try these commands to see how well Windows is doing. You can also search online for ways to check and repair your Windows user account as sometimes that can become corrupted and lead to problems like this.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried all of the options but still no join being able to open PowerDirector.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried all of the options but still no join being able to open PowerDirector.

Hi,
I'm not quite clear on what you mean by "I have not been able to open PowerDirector 365".

Do you get the splash or 1st choice screen then nothing or does nothing at all happen when you select the desktop icon?

You could try opening PDR directly from the file location, probably something like

"C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector20\PDR.exe"

unless you have a customised install.

That would isolate any problem with a messed up shortcut?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 04. 2021 16:58