Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't reinstall
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
I was having a problem with my PD16 and was advised to reinstall it.
I uninstalled it this morning and tried to reinstall with my CD copy. It said I needed the key for a previous version to continue. I entered the key for PD13 and it said it wasn't valid.
I contacted Support but they take forever to respond. I've looked @ my account and products no link to reinstall from there.
Does anybody know of a way to get my PD16 installed or do I just need to wait for support.
Thanks
Please disregard. Found my PD15 key and it worked. Looked for a way to delete my post , didn't see any.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 25. 2021 10:30

Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I was having a problem with my PD16 and was advised to reinstall it.
I uninstalled it this morning and tried to reinstall with my CD copy. It said I needed the key for a previous version to continue. I entered the key for PD13 and it said it wasn't valid.
I contacted Support but they take forever to respond. I've looked @ my account and products no link to reinstall from there.
Does anybody know of a way to get my PD16 installed or do I just need to wait for support.
Thanks

Sounds like you had purchased an upgrade to PD16 at the time. Since an upgrade vs a full package, you probably need a proper key from PD14 and/or PD15, not PD13 as you state, it's too old. Here https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77068.page#315407 you had PD15, that SN I'm guessing will work.

Jeff
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Yup. Found my CD if PD 15. That did the trick. Up and running now.
Thanks jl_jl for your response.
Unfortunately, everything I was working on - gone. Oh well. Good way to stay busy.
Have a good one.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 25. 2021 11:51

Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive