Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Canon MXF video
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I have been away for a while and need to upgrade. The specs for PowerDirector 20 says it will open MXF AVC files, but when I try to open one in the trial version I get an error. Can anyone confirm or deny that PD 20 will open MXF files from a Canon camera, or is this a limitation of the trial version? __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have been away for a while and need to upgrade. The specs for PowerDirector 20 says it will open MXF AVC files, but when I try to open one in the trial version I get an error. Can anyone confirm or deny that PD 20 will open MXF files from a Canon camera, or is this a limitation of the trial version?

The links and discussion in this thread appear to all be valid in PD20 too, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/85542.page#post_box_354057

So my 4:2:0 samples do import, so that's probably a trial thing, but behavior not really as desired. Maybe attaching a small MXF sample would shed more light for your specific case.

Jeff
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks. I have been using a video converter, but when installed on a new computer it won't let me register and their support doesn't answer. I guess if PD still has problems with MXF I may have to find a better converter.

The links and discussion in this thread appear to all be valid in PD20 too, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/85542.page#post_box_354057

So my 4:2:0 samples do import, so that's probably a trial thing, but behavior not really as desired. Maybe attaching a small MXF sample would shed more light for your specific case.

Jeff
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
As JL_JL mentioned, if you shared a sample clip we could check its compatibility in the full versions of PD and rule out any trial version limitations.

The clip can be of any subject and should have distinct audio but it only needs to be 5-10 seconds long. Use the Attachments button below the forum's text box or upload it to OneDrive or Google Drive and post a publicly shareable link here.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks. I have been using a video converter, but when installed on a new computer it won't let me register and their support doesn't answer. I guess if PD still has problems with MXF I may have to find a better converter.

If you have PD18 or PD19, the audio fix Nathan posted in the links I had in that thread is probably the best "conversion" route. And it's free.

Jeff
James Dotson
[Post New]
Thanks everyone. I did get the free converter to try. I will also post a short clip. I just got just and haven't had time. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM