Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SVRT not Working - Still
Werdna [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 15, 2019 16:18 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
SVRT is not working for me in PD20 so I have had to uninstall and go back to a Pre Jan 21 version of PD19 (provided as a result of a previous PD19 support ticket). It doesn't look like I'll ever get beyoind that version which makes a mockery of having a 365 subscription. Who would I speak to change my plan?
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote SVRT is not working for me in PD20 so I have had to uninstall and go back to a Pre Jan 21 version of PD19 (provided as a result of a previous PD19 support ticket). It doesn't look like I'll ever get beyoind that version which makes a mockery of having a 365 subscription. Who would I speak to change my plan?

Hello,

Not sure what you mean by still not working and going back to "pre Jan 21" version of PowerDirector 19, since there was a hotfix for the SVRT issue and the update was applied in the June update for all subscribers that fixed the issue.

If you are having a problem, it could possibly be a new/different issue and should be reported to CyberLink Technical Support:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Werdna [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hello,

Not sure what you mean by still not working and going back to "pre Jan 21" version of PowerDirector 19, since there was a hotfix for the SVRT issue and the update was applied in the June update for all subscribers that fixed the issue.

If you are having a problem, it could possibly be a new/different issue and should be reported to CyberLink Technical Support:

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

SVRT is not working for me in PD20. I spent two hours installing and testing and it still doesn't work so I rolled back to the Pre Jan 21 version that was supplied to me as a result of my last ticket in March this year not being resolved. That works fine. I was unaware of any previous hot fix, if it was only communcuated through this forum I would have missed it as I don't visit here regularly.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 17. 2021 04:04

Werdna [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry, I actually mean that Hardware Accelaration is not working and hasn't been for me since the pre Jan 21 release. Any help I can get would be appreciated although my support ticket raised in April wasn't resolveable and roll back was the only option.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 17. 2021 11:32

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Sorry, I actually mean that Hardware Accelaration is not working and hasn't been for me since the pre Jan 21 release. Any help I can get would be appreciated although my support ticket raised in April wasn't resolveable and roll back was the only option.

HA and SVRT are totally separate issues. Take a look at this post and see if that will restore hardware acceleration for producing.
Werdna [Avatar]
[Post New]

HA and SVRT are totally separate issues. Take a look at this post and see if that will restore hardware acceleration for producing.

I went through all of this as a support ticket back in April. As per my original post, nothing worked and I was given an old version to roll back too., I had some hope that multiple releases since might have resolved the issue but to no avail.

I am therefore stuck on a older version of PD19 yet pay an annual 365 subscription for releases I can't take - as there seems no likelihood that will change as PD20 has just been released, I'd like to know how I get out of the 365 contract.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I can't imagine you wouldn't be able to stop the subscription and simply keep PD19. Someone at customer service should be able to fix that part, at least.

I just reviewed the long thread from April and am wondering if you ever had a chance to try the Graphics Options settings I linked to from there. It might be worth trying again even if it didn't change anything last time.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 17. 2021 18:46

Deb 2666 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 03, 2018 20:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Hello,
I too am unable to use SVRT since the update. The HOTFIX LINK is not available for me, a user of Cyberlink for over 15 years.

What is the remedy for this mess? I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE TO GO BACK TO 365. That was an awful experience. That subscription shut down a lot, froze a lot, and the videos and images are exclusive to caucasians. I'm enjoying 19 but now the SVRT doesn't work. Little help?

Thanks,
Deb

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 28. 2021 20:32

Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

There is no need to install the hotfix because the fix was included in the patch update for PowerDirector 19. You can download it directly from the CyberLink web site:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html?action=download

It should update your perpetual version to build 3226.

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Oct 29. 2021 04:13

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Keith2553 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2021 04:59 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]

Hello,

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

I have just bought 365 and I cannot render anything. I want my money back or it fixed quickly. I never had this problem when I had a PC Windows version 2 years ago, but this MAC one does not render. All the effort to edit a video and then fiund it is in 720 !!!!

I have ccomplained to the company. What is the point of having the sw if it doesn't render?
[Post New]

I have just bought 365 and I cannot render anything. I want my money back or it fixed quickly. I never had this problem when I had a PC Windows version 2 years ago, but this MAC one does not render. All the effort to edit a video and then fiund it is in 720 !!!!

I have ccomplained to the company. What is the point of having the sw if it doesn't render?

Hi,

The user base for the Mac version is relatively small, so I would recommend that you give as much detail as possible to enable other Mac users to help out.
As it stands, it's difficult for members to offer suggestions without asking a lot of questions to get the overall context - things like HW configuration, source material, production profiles etc would all help further.
If you have already raised a ticket with Support, then please give them all the information that they ask for, and keep a check on your ticket progress, as you may not get an automatic notification that support has answered/requested further info.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator.