Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Reproducible crashes when using draft animations
Cyber-Rob [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2018 14:47 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Hello forum,

yesterday I bought PD19 and I was happy to see some new nice features like the draft animations (cross, circles...).
When I now drag one of them to my timeline and edit something of it (colour or duration), the project crashes EVERYTIME!

Anyone else having this problem?

Any hints how to get rid of this?

Thank you in advance,
Rob
Cyber-Rob [Avatar]
[Post New]
...I just realized that PD does not crash, it "just" hangs for about 1-2 minutes!!

This seems to happen because it moves all clips in the timeline to the right when I change something of the animation, even if I just change the colour!!...what's that??

Thank you in advance again,
Rob
Cyber-Rob [Avatar]
[Post New]
To answer myself again (;), I can now add that I later found out that it makes a difference if I drag the original animation on the timeline and edit it there or if I edit the original one and save it as a new user defined template and drag this one in the timeline.

In the second case, it works as expected, no files are moved and no delay occurs..I don't understand why but it helps... :

Rob
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not familiar with the "draft animations" you're describing.

Maybe if you made a quick screen recording and attached it here (using the Attachments button under the forum's text window) or posted it on YouTube and shared a link, then other people could see if they experience the same delays you've seen.
Cyber-Rob [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey optodata,

thats a good idea.
I attached the video, you can see the issue starting from second 22 in the video. Unfortunately the blue "windows donut" is not recorded but you can see that PD does not react anymore...this behaviour occurs for 1-2 minutes...

Best wishes,
Rob
 Filename
Capture_crash.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
33005 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
35 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks very much for the video. It looks like Cyberlink calls these "Sketch Animations" in English, although sketch and draft are good synonyms

I've tried the steps in your videos on two different PCs with existing projects, and neither one shows more than a one second delay in returning the cursor.

What happens if you try placing that PiP in a new project, with no other timeline content? You can also type Ctrl+A to select all your current timeline content and delete it, then place the PiP object and see if the delay is still there or not. If it's there but not in a new project, maybe something about the current project is the cause. DON'T save those changes when you close PD, though!

Also, see if turning OpenCL on or off (Preferences | Hardware Acceleration) makes any difference, or if rebooting your computer and trying again does.

If nothing seems to make a difference, please share the DxDiag test results as described in the Read Me Before Posting guide so we can see if anything jumps out.
Cyber-Rob [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello optodata,

your further assistance is appreciated but to be honest, my workaround with creating a user-defined sketch-animation and use this one instead of dragging the template into the timeline worked fine for me.
And I think, I should mention that I'm working with an i7 3rd generation...I know that a have to live with some limitations
Changing my equipment is on my list for rainy days in autumn...when hopefully prices and delivery times are getting better

Thank you so far,
Robin