Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't see Google Drive files on Pixel 3 PowerDirector
JohnnyAir [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 21, 2016 02:25 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I have a Premium version of PowerDirector on my Google Pixel 3 phone.

When I try to load media files from Google Drive I just see the 'waiting to load spinner'.

I've checked the permissions in Google Admin. All good there.

Any suggestions please?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'd try uninstalling the PD Mobile app and then reinstall it from the Google Play store. Make sure you've got a decent Wi-Fi connection then open the app and try checking the G Drive folders again.
JohnnyAir [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I'd try uninstalling the PD Mobile app and then reinstall it from the Google Play store. Make sure you've got a decent Wi-Fi connection then open the app and try checking the G Drive folders again.

No. That didn't work. I must have selected a security option somewhere to limit my Google Drive file sharing.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Your best bet then is to contact Cyberlink tech support directly so they can try to assist. You can submit a request from here.
JohnnyAir [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Your best bet then is to contact Cyberlink tech support directly so they can try to assist. You can submit a request from here.

Thanks. I've created a support ticket.
optodata
[Post New]
Good luck! I think you should check the My Support page at least once a day to see if there's a response to your request. Once there, click on the My Support Ticket button to see the new info.
JohnnyAir [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Good luck! I think you should check the My Support page at least once a day to see if there's a response to your request. Once there, click on the My Support Ticket button to see the new info.

Support responded. Asked for some screenshots of content generated by the CPU-Z app and submitted via the Feedback link in the PowerDirector app.

Issue not resolved yet but looks like an efficient support process.
JohnnyAir [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi, let us know if the problem is solved
Moderation note: This was a spam post that has now been deleted

No not yet. They asked for a screen recording which I sent them yesterday.

Something I discovered is if I upload a video from PowerDirector using the wizard that gives you the options of uploading to YouTube and other locations it was possible to upload to a Google Drive folder. If I then clicked on the Google Download button that folder was now visible.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 07. 2021 10:55

JohnnyAir [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am going to have to move on from PowerDirector on my android phone. I think Cyberlink has a poor history of integrating with Google Drive. This was the latest response.

Dear John,
We understand that you are still unable to access or import videos from Google Drive. We are more than willing to assist you.
With reference to your query, we suggest you update your Google Drive app or check if you can access your videos from there. Also, try to upload and download a video or file from your Google Drive account and let us if it works. If it is still not working, please try to uninstall again the application and reinstall it from Google Play. A gentle reminder to back up your files or projects from the application. Please be reminded that it is important to back up your files because, during the troubleshooting process, the data or projects on the app might be deleted and cannot be recovered. Kindly refer to the link on how to back up your projects from the application: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=25985
Please let us know if all of the suggestions above works.
Also, to avoid confusion, please reply to this case. Thank you.

I don't even know what is meant by "we suggest you update your Google Drive app". As we know if it is installed and working it is updated. The rest of the message is just filler.

None of my other Android apps such as Canva have any problem accessing my Google Drive.